New Jack on Ebay Selling Kits:zminglu1968

GoldenMotor.com

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Looks like there is a new Jack on eBay selling motorized bicycle kits. The ebay user ID is zminglu1968. Looks like he has sold 14 kits so far, anyone here buy one?
Any first impressions with this new dealer?

80CC Engine Moto Kit For Motorized Bicycle Bike | eBay

EDIT: I don't mean he's new to eBay, just new to selling motorized bicycle kits.

EDIT AGAIN: Another new one is :rose326a
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80cc...0411267QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Not new to Ebay, just new to MBs.

Last edited:

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
the first one has what looks to be a very cheap kill switch/cdi, and both look to have the crappy version of chain idlers. the second one doesn't even have a killswitch from the looks of it.

count me out on those lol.

the first ones motor looks nice but who knows what the one you'd get would look like? and be like on the inside?

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
The kill switch on the first one looks like it is using black/red speaker wire, without an outer sheath.

Maybe if they knocked the price down to an even hundred I would chance buying one.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Looks like there is a new Jack on eBay selling motorized bicycle kits. The ebay user ID is zminglu1968. Looks like he has sold 14 kits so far, anyone here buy one?
Any first impressions with this new dealer?

80CC Engine Moto Kit For Motorized Bicycle Bike | eBay

EDIT: I don't mean he's new to eBay, just new to selling motorized bicycle kits.

EDIT AGAIN: Another new one is :rose326a
used motorcycle parts | eBay

Not new to Ebay, just new to MBs.
Ya, I just disscoverd them today and they got 2hp carbs that fit my Bridgestone as well as an ECHO -PB 750 back pack blower. That carb is identical to my 48cc Bridgestone carb and I need them but there is something fishy here because shes got them at 10 bucks apeice and I usually pay over 30 for them

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
its funny the bike it shows in the pictures dose not even have the same parts it shows for the kits. i think they are probably 2007- 2009 left over surpus kits. its rare now that i will buy parts on ebay, the parts usally end up factory seconds or are years old. they say they are new in factory packaging, it might be true they just dont say that they have been sitting somewhere for 5 years.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
what is funny here, is that I just orderd 4 carbs at 10 dollars each- then I find out they have 5 different pics of the same carb but the prices change from 10 to 16 dollars with different item numbers, but I had 6 hours to order the 10 dollar ones...thats for my 2 hp 48cc ....
But what is really weird and strange is that they are selling the 1.5 hp carbs for 117 dollars, and I get those from Island hopper for just over 30 dollars each.
why are their 2hp carbs only 10 to 16 dollars each, and their 1.5hp carbs of the same design 117 dollars???
I just hope that the carbs I get are the same ones in their picture- they look perfectly identical to mine.
In addition to all this, they have a 94% posative feed back rating and I saw testimonials of a lot of satisfied customers one of wich purchased a carb for a china girl 66/80cc i think.
Anyway for an update, ......early this morning, I orderd 4 carbs at 10 bucks apeice and this evening I get a message that my order is being shipped out right now and they gave me a ups tracking number!!!! wow! that is a great response. They already sent my order 1st class mail but it'll be a while because I live in northwestern Canada ....well I'll see how it goes . If all goes well, I get 144 dollars worth of carbs for only 39 dollars and thats not bad!!!

Last edited:

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
High its me again...and I am amazed..I orderd 4 carbs from Zminglu on sept 7 , and I just got them today, sept 20, and I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! I found out that for me,....ZMINGLU rings TRUE!!!!!!!

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
No, not yet Rohnell, those are for spare. My motors are running great right now, but I had no spares, now I got carbs commin out of my ears and I,ll never have to worry about spare crbs again

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
I usually use raw but they raised there prices, When im in need of a cheap kit, I go with boy go fast ( he has a bad rap, but I have nothing but good things to say about the bgf kit and I have used dozens of them) but bgf was out of stock, so I went with zminglu, the motor is the same basic motor that every one sells, it runs pretty good, the carb is also the same nt carb, everything else is pure garbage, the sprocket was almost rusted through and through, the left grip is to big to fit any bicycle handle bars, the throttle has no kill switch, it uses the russian style clutch lever ( it broke before I could install it) the kit also uses the old old style muffler ( I like the look, but its made like crap, and has a noticablely negative affect on speed) Almost all the bolts stripped, it was missing a few nuts and bolts as well, the kit is spray painted silver by drunk monkeys and the tank mounting studs where stripped before I even bolted it on. I have long told people that the worst kits I have ever purchased are grubee's, but I have finally found a kit thats worse then the rubbish grubee makes, STAY AWAY!! you have been warned!

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Sorry about your bad experience, at least the basic engine is OK.
Yeah grubby Grubee garbage has always been on my 'do not buy' list, looks like these clowns get added to the list.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Thanks for the warning Waylander, and I do approach with caution. I noticed that zmulu has 5000 satisfied feed back statements and only 30 unsatisfied ..however I noticed that those motors do not even have a make on them.
Because of your post I,m gonna go and try one of those carbs out on my motor.
It cost me $130.oo for two carbs from Island Hopper because of shipping + Broker charges. The carbs from zminglu are not the same quality but what is strange, is that the throat size is 15mm like it is supposed to be. Also they have the gas/air ratio set screw where as the carbs from Island Hopper, do not have the set screw, and the throat size is not right.. it is smaller than 15mm, so now I dont know what to think, but I will always approach Zminglu with caution.....thanks again for the info..

P.S. The carbs from Zminglu cost me $80.oo for 4 of them.

Last edited: