issues with some of these sellers sites

GoldenMotor.com

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Don't forget though - there are sellers out there who TRY to get a huge profit margin.

But, nobody buys their stuff due to crazy prices.

Biggest thing is you want a seller who actually rides them - you can tell a lot about a seller by just seeing if they participate in these forums.

thunderbolts

Apr 23, 2011
Maine
Hello I my self have nothing but problems with KINGS I purchased a new 48cc silver slant it came with the CNS trash carb, I have been trying to get help now for 5 day's but no luck. KINGS tech dude only works tech for 2 hour's come on if your going to sell a product that 99% of the people have problems with they should have a tech person there all day. How many people can one dude help in 2 hours? That is if you can get hold of them. This new CNS carb is junk and KINGS knows it I installed a old NT in place of the CNS, and hooooooollllllyyyy it solved the problem wow Kings should trash their CNS carb and just own up to they screwed up and if they want to stay in biz they need to go good and send us poor people the old NT carb with a new throttle assembly also!!!!!

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
--- Sick bike parts has so few bike parts, they should change their name. I mean come on people, we are in 2011. Type a nice full description.
We have nearly 110 parts listed (not including parts within kits). We are open to suggestions, that's for sure. What is it you are looking for? If we can get a good deal and buy in bulk we will certainly pass it on to you.

We don't carry stuff for the bolt on sprocket world and we don't sell spandexbike world parts. It's not what we are all about - it's not our charter. Again - if there is a demand, we are open minded.

As for our descriptions, what should we add? Seriously it's a two way street. We could type all day long - do you think the average MB guy reads half the stuff. I could tell you stories about people who don't read DIRECT INSTRUCTIONS. It's a man thing - as my wife says! I'm telling you I agree it is 2011 and the literacy rate is dropping fast .bf.laff

Lastly - people miss stuff on our site all the time because stupid canned e-commerce only allows 20 products per page so they don't see page 2-3. I certainly don't blame folks for that. I'd love to have a different set up, but we can't pay for that and we don't have time for computer fun.

Please any ideas, we love to hear them. Thanks!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
We have nearly 110 parts listed (not including parts within kits). We are open to suggestions, that's for sure. What is it you are looking for? If we can get a good deal and buy in bulk we will certainly pass it on to you.

We don't carry stuff for the bolt on sprocket world and we don't sell spandexbike world parts. It's not what we are all about - it's not our charter. Again - if there is a demand, we are open minded.

As for our descriptions, what should we add? Seriously it's a two way street. We could type all day long - do you think the average MB guy reads half the stuff. I could tell you stories about people who don't read DIRECT INSTRUCTIONS. It's a man thing - as my wife says! I'm telling you I agree it is 2011 and the literacy rate is dropping fast .bf.laff

Lastly - people miss stuff on our site all the time because stupid canned e-commerce only allows 20 products per page so they don't see page 2-3. I certainly don't blame folks for that. I'd love to have a different set up, but we can't pay for that and we don't have time for computer fun.

Please any ideas, we love to hear them. Thanks!

Pablo / Sick Bike Parts,

You guys are great its nice to see a vendor, stand up and ask his customers what can he do to be a better supplier etc...etc...

Suggestions, as far as I concerned just keep doing what you are doing, supplying us MB'ers with EXCELLENT quality products and service.

Forum members, please share your positive thoughts & experiences about our vendors, lets help them make motor assisted bicycling & the products they offer even better!

Here's some of my favorite Custom Motorized Bicycle Builders listed below hopefully yours too!

Venice Motor Bikes aka Norm,

Sporstmanflyer aka sportscarpat,

Helmutt Phoenix Motor Bicycles,

Rick Gilmore vroomart aka cinelliphile,

Graucho,

George Whitney Deuce Motor Bicycles,

Brett Maverick,

RedB66 Barron,

i-paint,

Civlized, and many more.....

Here's some of my favorite Motor Assisted Bicycling suppliers listed below, forum sponsor vendors first, and then other bicycle suppliers!

Blow By U Motorized Bicycles,

Pirate Cycles,

Sick Bike Parts,

Kings Sales & Service Motor Bike Parts, and a few others!

Here's some of my favorite Bike & bike components parts suppliers outside of being forum sponsors.

Bicycle-Designer,

ChoppersUS,

Firmstrong Stretch Cruisers,

Worksman Cycles,

BikeworldUSA.

Next is my tubing & frame building suppliers go to list, for amateur builders like myself, getting information and sources for supplies can be difficult.

Tubing & frame manufacturers

Gaerlan Inc,

838 Grant Ave.#410
San Francisco, CA 94108
Tel (415)362-3866 Fax(415) 677-8943
Email: [email protected]

Frame building supplies, misc components, tubing. Not as wide a selection as some of the printed catalogs, but hey, they're on-line so you can get a quick idea of what you're looking at.

Metal Buyers' Mart
N 15 W 22218 Watertown Rd.
Waukesha, WI 53188

Not really a bicycle-related company, but a source for all sorts of metals, including a selection of mechanical steel tubing, stainless steel tubing, and other metals sometimes useful on bicycle projects. Their specialty is small orders -- they will gladly sell you just an inch of 1.25" stainless steel tube if you want it.

Reynolds Cycles,

Reynolds is a leading manufacturer of bicycle tubing, formerly carrying a small selection of other frame parts, too. Even if you get your tubing elsewhere, the Reynolds catalog has specifications for all their tubing so you know what you're buying.

Bringheli,

8040 West Pleasant Valley Rd.
Parma, OH 44130
440/887-0034

An excellent selection of tools, jigs, tubing, and components.

Nova Cycle Supply,

4111 Citrus Ave #8
Rocklin, CA 95677

Nova carries a wide range of tubes, lugs, dropouts, bottom brackets, etc., plus a full line of frame building equipment. In the past they insisted on a resale number, but now have a retail price list for amateur builders.

Strawberry Bicycle
Strawberry Cyclesport Inc.
Cutters and frame building tools.

Solid bikes
Solid Bikes
Suppliers of Integrated head-tubes and BB shells for BMX.

MSC
MSC Industrial Supply Co.
A huge range of industrial supplies. Frame builders can find cutters of all kinds, machine tools and parts, shop supplies, and more.

The Dillsburg Aeroplane Works
No website that I know of! Call 'em!
Huge selection of 4130 cromoly
114 Sawmill Road, Dillsburg, Pa 17019
(717) 432-4589

KVA
KVA STAINLESS? - Bicycle Tubing - Stainless Steel Tubing, Bicycle Tubing
Supplier (soon) of stainless bicycle tubing, made in the USA!

Edge Composites
http://edgecomponents.com/BuyOnline.aspx?catid=1&page=1
Manufacturer of carbon frame tubing, also forks/rims/bars/etc.

Victory Circle Graphix, LLC
Custom Stickers & Decals
216 Wright St., Suite 110
Lakewood, CO 80228
303-200-4719
303-984-2750 fax
[email protected]
Custom Stickers, Decals and More at Victory Circle Graphix

While I haven't used them yet myself, this custom sticker and decal company comes highly recommended by many in the frame building community.

According to the owner, He can make many different type of stickers and doing smaller quantity orders is their specialty. All of his decals/stickers can be clear coated over the top with no problems and have good durability. Also he's trying to get the word out that he now has a process to make stickers that can be clear Powder Coated over. Yes a sticker that can handle the baking process with no side effects. Some pretty neat technology and something I think could be a useful resource for many builders.

Let me say this our Motorized Bicycle Forum Sponsor's deserve some credit even though they may not be making big bucks I for one appreciate them for their efforts.

I know that you can't make everyone happy and hopefully the forum members that were not happy with the service or product they received will find some resolution!

Thanks again Pablo & all our forum sponsor Suppliers good bad or indifferent, and the products that you all make available to the Motorized Bicycling community!!!

C.H.
brnot

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I fixed my bike. The reason it would stop working after 15 minutes is the gas cap does not have a top vent, there are only air holes on the bottom of it, below the rubber seal. I drilled a hole in the top and she keeps running. Just get a waterbottle cap and hot glue it over the hole and drill a hole in the side of that if u want to ride in the rain.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Hi Terry,

What you looking for?
He was the one I got my Worksman rims from and I had some questions and asked him for some ideas. So I contacted someone else. That was 2 days ago and haven't heard back yet. No big deal that these people don't want to sell anything. I can get what I want at a locale bike shop. I'll pay more but what the heck, I'll have it when I want it.

Terry

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I'd like to see a vendor carry high quality port matched intake and exhaust gaskets. if there is one store that has both of these please post a link

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I'd like to see a vendor carry high quality port matched intake and exhaust gaskets. if there is one store that has both of these please post a link
Good idea on the intake gasket - we should add one.

Never going to be a port matched set for either - the engines are so different and the exhausts are so different there is no way we could carry all the variations. That's the beauty of our Al exhaust gasket. So very very simple to make it match. Thanks!

P~

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I dunno about ported gaskets, it'd be a waste of money when you can trim your own.

But - what about ported jugs?
We've thought about having an engine mod division. Maybe some demand.

Selling already ported cylinders? I don't think that would work from a warranty/return POV. Just not feasible with the end use knowledge and all the engine variants.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
That's true - it'd take a lot of money and time to test each trial jug on every different model motor to ensure compatibility. Especially with you guys being an aftermarket parts retailer, not full kit retailers.

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Just a quick note
Many of the venders are really small time. If you look at the videos posted by several of the sponsers and venders on this forum, you'll see that some are working out of their home/garage/shop.
One vender I talked to recently gets over 200 emails and PMs per day. Besides trying to make a living building bikes, he has to answer emails, get products out for shipping, deal with the larger venders about parts and availability, gets caught by China manufacturing upheavals, intercontinental shipping problems, he has to create and maintain a web page, answer the phone deal with warantee problems, answer good as well as stooopid questions, and try to find the time for family and rest.
And then there are those who believe he needs to do more. He's pedaling as fast as he can