Laws?

GoldenMotor.com

big-e

Jan 21, 2011
st augustine FL
Anybody know the laws regarding 2cycle bicycles? LIke do i HAVE to have pedals to be considered a bicycle? I intend to ride this back and forth to work and im on probation so i cant take any tickets. This project has a 42cc Poulan engine on the back, so i know im under the 50cc and 5hp law requiring it to be tagged. I dont know if i need a license to ride this thing or not. I have welded foot pegs on the front as i NEVER intend to pedal this thing but i left enough room to put the crank back in if it is necassary. My other problem would be making the pedals functional. My engine is a right side drive from a chainsaw, i i modified the rear coaster hub and welded a sprocket on it, which wouldnt allow for the standard foot drive to work.
Anybody kknow any of these laws or restrictions? Im in Florida btw, as im sure there isnt any non state specific laws. Thanks for the help.xct2

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
On probation has nothing to do with driving privileges.
Do you mean you have a suspended license?
If so, get yourself a "work license" for going back and forth to work.
According to state law ANY GAS powered bicycle NEEDS to be registered as a moped and you NEED a drivers license to ride one.