N00b QuEstioN...

GoldenMotor.com

Intelligence

Jan 15, 2011
South Africa
Hi guys, sorry for this noob question but please bear with me as Im still in the early learning prosess.

I would like to know what is ment by the term "HT Motor"?
Which kind of motors fall in this "HT" category and which doesn't?
Or is it only an acronym for a specific engine model?

Here's a quote of what I mean:

Nevermind, that's just for the HT motors. Stamps is the answer... or nothing at all.
SB (http://motorbicycling.com/f4/new-motor-25622.html)
Thanx in advance
Jack

xct2

Intelligence

Jan 15, 2011
South Africa
Thanx for the quick reply Dave,

Would this be a HT Motor and would you suggest it for someone who is quite new to this: GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 Super Rat 66cc/80cc Slant Head Bike Motor Kit (Standard Finish)

Is Grubee a reliable make? Would you suggest something else?
I am shipping to South Africa, so would you say that GasBike.net would be a good choice to shop at or should I avoid them?

Sorry for all these questions but I would like to get this right the first time as I am on a limited budget at the moment ;)

I've done quite a bit of reading through the forum and came to the conclusion that I don't want to get a four stroke motor and that I understand that Franco Morini engines are the best but unfortunately I can't afford one at the moment ;)

And tell me, should I get the Universal Motor Mount for the extra $15 or would you suggest something else, I have a Scott Aspect 30 MB XL Frame SCOTT Aspect 30 - Bike Trail

Thanx for your time and feedback
Jack

.shft.

Intelligence

Jan 15, 2011
South Africa
Hi guys, could any one please shed some light in my dark tunnel :rolleyes:

I seriously want to join you guys in this hobby so please don't shoot me down just yet :oops:

Thanx a million
Jack

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have used and running a grubee motor on one of my current bikes. I have had no real problems with them thats no different then any other Chinese engine kits.

I have never done business with gasbike so could not tell you anything about them.

If you cannot fabricate a mount then yes ordering the universal mount may not be a bad way to go it looks like you will need it with that bike.

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
I hear a lot of people say Grubee is one of the better Chinese brands, and I currently use one, StarFire II which I got from Blow By U and so far so good; Terry loves his bikes and will help whenever he can.

And yes, get the universal mount. I have a mountain bike with that type of frame also; the stock engine on its own won't mount to the frame properly (I still need to work on mine to fix that so will have to wait till Saturday when I have time), and parts...

Intelligence

Jan 15, 2011
South Africa
Thanx guys, your input is very much appreciated.

I just hope it will get to South Africa in one piece :p

Thanx again
Jack

Last edited: