where to buy bulk lot of engines at cheap price? and ships to australia?!

GoldenMotor.com

Joey

Sep 29, 2010
Australia, Syd
im looking for a place to buy a bulk lot of engines and ship them to australia.. im looking for a place that will supply around 10 engines a week.. but currently, its hard to find a place that will send them to australia, the price of them in australia is just terrible, $220+!
please help me out :)

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
No joke they are marked up that much from the container.

Adam
No joke at all...Kits can actually be purchased for $22.00 each based on quantity.

Volume is everything when dealing with Chinese manufacturing.

But you have to know the program...the more you buy...the cheaper the price...and the greater the scrap!

So you have to be prepared to handle the customer service aspect.

If you have the buying power...you can easily double, maybe triple your money...

Jim

Joey

Sep 29, 2010
Australia, Syd
God damn, i wish i had 30k laying around!
ive been looking into doing it, but the thing is, im actually young, and i have no clue how to go on and do it, Eg. look for supplyers, deal with customs, and port, how will i know the quality is up to standard, money is no problem (up to around 5k :p) , but the shipping and such, but if anyone would give me some insight, i will be more than happy to listen, and maybe start doing it.
please :)

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
No joke at all...Kits can actually be purchased for $22.00 each based on quantity.

Volume is everything when dealing with Chinese manufacturing.

But you have to know the program...the more you buy...the cheaper the price...and the greater the scrap!

So you have to be prepared to handle the customer service aspect.

If you have the buying power...you can easily double, maybe triple your money...

Jim
Quoted for truth.

Too many people in the USA get all excited by the supposed profit and do zero follow through on the customer service aspect.....with that, it's hardly sustainable and at some point not worth it. We (SBP) are 3-4 years into it and refuse to sell HT engines. Oh we could, and we obviously have the connections....but we won't. Because to do it RIGHT, we would need to sacrifice what made us what we are. Don't get me wrong - I still love the little beasts. But let someone else deal with selling them.

Now that I got that off my chest, to the OP - don't ignore the fact that what you may be doing is illegal in Australia - and is there not some risk of confiscation, fines, etc? Don't ignore that.

Joey

Sep 29, 2010
Australia, Syd
Quoted for truth.
to the OP - don't ignore the fact that what you may be doing is illegal in Australia - and is there not some risk of confiscation, fines, etc? Don't ignore that.

In australia, these engines coming in will be classed as "parts" and im pretty sure it will be fine going through customs, as we currently dont have any restrictions like the US does..
as with the warranty and such, i think i would be fine with it, as i tend to look after my customers, even now i do, even if it means its coming out of my pocket by the low profit margin i make.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
In australia, these engines coming in will be classed as "parts" and im pretty sure it will be fine going through customs, as we currently dont have any restrictions like the US does..
as with the warranty and such, i think i would be fine with it, as i tend to look after my customers, even now i do, even if it means its coming out of my pocket by the low profit margin i make.

If you get it right and use "good quality" motors you can do alright from what I've seen but I dont think it's as easy as spending 5k on motor kits and everything will be fine. Theres alot of preperation involved with making it so you dont get stuck. And you need to have ground rules when it comes to warranty. Your rep. is everything.
I personally have thought about this b4 too but i'm not game enough to take the leap.
What motors are you using at the moment for you and all your customers?
I'm thinking Z-box.. pls correct me

Joey

Sep 29, 2010
Australia, Syd
If you get it right and use "good quality" motors you can do alright from what I've seen but I dont think it's as easy as spending 5k on motor kits and everything will be fine. Theres alot of preperation involved with making it so you dont get stuck. And you need to have ground rules when it comes to warranty. Your rep. is everything.
I personally have thought about this b4 too but i'm not game enough to take the leap.
What motors are you using at the moment for you and all your customers?
I'm thinking Z-box.. pls correct me
Yeh, rep is everything, but currently, my rep is gaining and getting better and better around sydney :)
yeh, biggest part of it is to get my hands on the right engines..
i know its a big gamble, but i have nothing to loose :) life is a big gamble, and i still got a long way ahead of me, im very young, and im willing to have a go,
i do not use Z-box engines, :)

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
Rock Solid just moved up from South Australia to Queensland, but due to flooding, will take a little while before they set up and ready to go.

They may be able to provide kits for you, but I don't think 5K is considered a large quantity considering the price of a kit.

The only reason why I mentioned this is because they are the only sellers I know who do 200watt engines which is the legal limit in Australia without a motorbike license in most states. Everything else I have found from Z-Box and international sellers are all big engines. They may be 50cc, but most are running at 1Kw minimum.

rawmotors

Feb 5, 2011
las veags
Or you could step up to the plate and buy a container.

900 kits @ $34.00 per kit.

Jim
Jim,

You must me smoking something real good to say engines are 34.00 per kit if you buy them by the container. You can ask any importer from grubee, bike berry, rawmotors, gasbike.net, kmb and thatsdax and we will all say that if you could find them at 34.00 a piece, we would all buy them from you. Try adding 30.00 to your 34.00 and that's what they cost by container.