Check This out 1950s Columbia 5 Star

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Man.....that's a beauty! The horn (tank) and bars are sweet, they built some nice bikes in the 50's. That bike might be older than me, but I've got a little less rust. That looks like a nice build to be!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
That's a Craiggslist I just came across. Its older than me. Been staring at it. The section that would be a in frame tank to us looks to be a lock box. I put the link in at the first post. lol. Looks like I underlined it and typed it. It's still a good link.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That's a Craiggslist I just came across. Its older than me. Been staring at it. The section that would be a in frame tank to us looks to be a lock box. I put the link in at the first post. lol. Looks like I underlined it and typed it. It's still a good link.
I'm pretty sure that tank is a horn as well, that's how they did em' in the good ol' days.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I get it now that's not a key in in this pict its a horn ''button'' interesting. I have never got to see one of these in person that I can remember.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hello Goat Herder. That bicycle is a classic. It has those flowing lines, chrome-trimmed horn tank, chrome: rims and coiled spring fork, and that durable style is in the minds of most baby boomers. It's up to you weather or not to motorize, I don't know. Would an inframe 49cc four-stroke reduce its collectorability?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
If I had that bike, I'd either restore it to original (the preferred choice) or mildly 4-stroke it as the second choice. Either way I would love to own it.:D

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
I'm dreaming. That bicycle with a Quentin Guenther Whizzer kit (with tank, bent pedal crank, engine, exhaust and drive train) would be impressive. Would that make the deal a clone? I would've never thought that a cloned 1960's automoble would be selling for 20 or thirty thousand dollars a couple of decades ago.