Random thoughts

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Just a little thought from my roamings about this great interwebs. If you know the difference between your + you're, than + then, they're + their + there... than your their and will never look unintelligent.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I hear ya azbill. I think the only way for me to stop my brain from hurting is to stop editing peoples posts in my head as I read 'em. But to do that I would hafta stop reading all the forums I read.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
It's a lil odd I know - but I don't mind so much the typos & misspellings as it's an informal setting and the point is always the story, not so much how it's related... though I hafta admit one small pet peeve...

While we all try our best to not hafta pedal our bikes, should ya want to peddle one - it belongs in 'Swap and Shop' lol ;)

For the rest, there's tinyspell :D

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
It's a lil odd I know - but I don't mind so much the typos & misspellings as it's an informal setting and the point is always the story, not so much how it's related... though I hafta admit one small pet peeve...

While we all try our best to not hafta pedal our bikes, should ya want to peddle one - it belongs in 'Swap and Shop' lol ;)

For the rest, there's tinyspell :D
My pet peeve is when someone uses an apostrophe in front of an "s" when it is not needed. It turns the word from a plural to a possesive. I know the guy selling Christmas Trees near me again this year will have that same sign out: "Christmas Tree's For Sale".

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yea - that's one I screw up alla time heh, contraction, plural, possessive and/or it just ends with an "s" ...which side of the letter does the apostrophe go? Should I add an "e"? What's up with this crazy language anyway? o_O

I jus' make it up as I go along lol, my spellcheck hates my guts :D