Acceloration stuck flat out.

GoldenMotor.com

CCman

Oct 7, 2010
adelaide
Hi i am new to motorized bicycles.

i recently baught a F50 engine from ebay.

installed all the components fine.

rode off down the street let the clutch out she starts fine but then the acceloration slowly picks up and just keeps going flat stick its like theres no tension in the cable and i cant seem to find out how to fix it.

for now im just using the brakes on the bike to slow down with the clutch in a bit and also the kill switch is not working [Green Wire is Grounded] - [Red,Yellow to White].

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
Another fellow Aussie!

You get yours from a guy on eBay named motawizza or something? My mate got one of those, and they actually run pretty good for the price, the only thing I noticed the the clutch was a little loose, and the screw for the flower nut rubbed on the case.

Anyhow, post the end of your throttle calbe, with all the stuff on it. I'm thinking you might have set it up wrong.

For the kill switch, disconnect it for now. Start up the engine, pull in the clutch, and get off. Now where the kill switch is meant to connect, touch the 2 wires together, if it turns off, the killswitch is probalby broken, if it doesn't turn off, you have the wires mixed up.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Only tighten the top cap of the carb by hand! (No wrenches!)
If you over tighten the top cap, it will warp the carb body & cause the slider to stick at full throttle.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is the carburetor barrel (slide) installed correctly? There are two slots in it. The short one goes to the left side as you're looking down at the carb when sitting on the bike. The long slot goes to the right. If installed 180 degrees out you'll have the problem you describe. Also make sure there are no kinks or sharp bends in the throttle cable. Let us know what you find or if these suggestions don't help.
Tom

CCman

Oct 7, 2010
adelaide
carby pin wasnt slid all the way down , runs perfect now accept im not getting as much speed as when the pin wasnt in properly probly because the flow of petrol threw the carby was constant .

any who so i fixed the idle perfect and all runs well , silly me forgot to connect the brakes back up after repairs and i hit a tree going around 30k's and now have a double break in my collar bone :( looks like no riding for me for 4 - 8 weeks..bf.

motor was unharmed thankfully :)