broken Engine mount

GoldenMotor.com

bfgmovies

Aug 28, 2010
Statesboro, GA
So one of the screws that holds my engine mount on the bottom down tubes broke, and I mean it broke completely out so that there is a hole where it used to be (also I'm using a over sized tubing adapter plate), is it possible to fix this problem or do I need to somehow wend the bottom of the engine to the mounting plate? thanks!

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
It's not really a bolt there- it's a stud- so if any of it is still extended- you may be able to unscrew it out- cut a notch for a screwdriver or a good pair of vice grips may work- if it's broken off inside, then you'll have to drill and use an easyout thing to unscrew it and replace.

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
EZ-outs are your friend. Otherwise, you could remove the plate and inspect the metal and choose the best place to drill through the plate and engine case to tap a new hole...

bfgmovies

Aug 28, 2010
Statesboro, GA
well, there is no point in using an ex out cuz there is literally no bolt/stud in there.. like it's clean out.. so do I just buy a new bolt and put it in there? what size should I buy?

bfgmovies

Aug 28, 2010
Statesboro, GA
yeah that was the case, I just got a long m6 v1.0 bolt and screwed it into the motor, then cut the extra off with a dremel tool and re-bolted it onto the mounts, so it's all good now!