CNS Carb or NT Jets?

GoldenMotor.com

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
I finally got the CNS carburetor in the mail and had a chance to install it today. Installation was fairly effortless and power has gone way up. Whereas before I would lose speed going up a certain hill, now I keep accelerating up practically any hill.

The only problem is that the jet is a bit too big. My engine doesn't seem to be running much richer than before (probably because it is getting much more air) but it is still 4 stroking quite a bit. Do you know if they make any smaller jets for this carburetor or if I will definitely have to solder and drill it out. I don't have a soldering gun, solder, or a drill.

Thanks

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Tech i can see a soldering iron in your near future, and you dont need a drill ive always done it by hand. Or buy a cigarette lighter with a blue flame thats what i use! 5 bucks

So for the 3rd time this week you want a .65-.70mm drill bit.

If your only 4 strokeing at part throttle move the e clip up

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
looks like this;

heat the side of the jet for 3-5 secs dab the top where the hole is with solder and your done, i just hold the drill bit in a pair of pliers and turn the jet around it through the bottom! done done.

Oh for f sake im hopeless at links

Last edited by a moderator:

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Here's an update:

I followed what you recommended stv1 and got a soldering iron, solder, and a micro drill bit set. I soldered the jet and redrilled it to a #70 and surprisingly I think that it's too lean. My bike now accelerates well until about 17 mph and then the motor feels like it's running out of power.. like you're trying to run it with the choke in. I made sure that the choke wasn't on and I opened the carb a/f adjustment screw to allow as much air as possible and it continued to bog. I then reduced the air supply as much as possible and it continued to bog.

Should I just make sure that it was drilled out well and if so, go up one size to 69? I believe that stock on this carb is 68.

Thanks.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
wel. i finally got my CNS on good and tight, that in itself was a major problem as it was sucking air in front of it.

had to adjust the clutch flower nut. it was slipping like crazy.

NOW all i have to do is a little playing with the air fuel screw whch should give me some pretty good results!

svc

Jan 10, 2009
sydney australia
The CNS runs great with the stock needle. It won't solve your trouble with seat post clearance though only add to it. If the 2nd leanest setting is too rich... try the leanest?(only if you know its too rich, think about oil ratios etc. too). I'm happy with my CNS after swapping out the needle, i don't think it was a necessary purchase though. I did what you are talking about and threw cash at my problem when a bit of run in and some fine tuning would have have fixed it.
Hope this helps

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
ok well my bike runs good and is tuned with the muffler so that my power band is strongest at 20 mph took a bit of trial and error but ive had quite a few 2stroke dirt bikes so this is nothing new to me but my question is will the cns broaden the powerband im happy with the way my bike runs now but will it make a radical diff?

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
If your motor sets level with the off set intake, other wise you have to mess with tbe float to give jt more gas. My engine sets up at a angel, and I have good power taking off, but not high top end.