Schwinn 26" Blackwell

GoldenMotor.com

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
nice stuff m8. Loving the tank.
what tires do you have might i ask ?
Hey J,
they are the tires that came with the bike, the print on sidewall says WD.
I will put different tires on later after I see first how these will hold up.
there is so little of the original bike left, I tried to use as much as I could.

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
what sort of template did you use to glass over? I want to build a similar tank.
thanks.
Hello my love,
anyway ready for this? Two Prell shampoo bottles or (what ever shape you're trying to achieve),
one cut down the middle, then the halves duct taped over the other on the sides at a taper then wax paper (make note cereal bags work really well)
then wrap with your resin and glass. now about 6 hours later as it's still soft some what tacky but not gooey, jamb the mold in between frame where it goes (check it often) pull out before 100% set, form with hands where you can crush slightly to form a more slight gap where it hits for added layers of glass later.
I did a total of 3 layers of glass with West Systems, cut form mold in half, install Bungs JB weld, reinforce those areas with glass & resin, sand (rough up insides really good). rewrap (fiberglass) the outside halves back together two or three times (it's very time consuming) then Bondo smooth as possible (Sure Form Rasp and sand, takes several times) thin coat of resin to seal bondo, lightly sand for primer and paint later. then take some drywall screws put in tank, shake like crazy, remove screws, wash out with Dawn, let dry.
Caswell gas tank sealer. Paint................