Problems with gt2-a frame drive sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

Mirendor

Mar 25, 2016
Virginia
I was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. I have resently purchased a GT2A frame and a 48cc 2 stroke. The rear of the frame has the 135mm opening. I have put a 26inch standard 2 inch wide rim on the back. I had it set in the correct position to be in the middle of the frame. My problem is that the rear drive sprocket and the drive sproket do not match up which in turn is not allowing the tensioner to work on the frame. Is there a spacer for the drive sprocket that i can use to alighn it properly. I am at my wits end. I have had nothing but issues since i bought the frame. Please someone give me a hand i would give mad respect if you could guys thanks

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
There isn't a spacer on the market for stock rear sprockets at this point. One can flip it as one side is dished. Its the Chain alignment issues you are having is why I have always used a CNC sprockets on all my GT2 A builds, as these type of Sprockets and hub adapters can be slide right or left on the hub for chain alignment. I also have installed a longer 170mm axel in the hub on one build and on one build I squished the chain stays together. For the long axel build I bought chrome spacers on ebay in various widths ( do a search on the dimensions you want. I also cheat the wheel a tiny bit to the left using the spacers and some fender washers to fine tune it so alignment is as close as I can get it without rubbing on the tire.
you can also hammer or bend the soft metal chain tensioner to match up also, even adding aslight twist if needed. Another tip for the tensoiner is using a wider skate board wheel without sides to allow the chain a bit more freedom. I hope this helps as its kind of a trial and error to get the chains working smooth and everything perfectly lined up due to many factors. a CNC sprocket and hub adapter is available by many of the sponsors here. Manic Mechanic probably makes the best one I have found so far.

I am happy to help you in any way I can as are the many guys that have used a Gt2A frames. It can be a trying experience in using a Gt2a frame but the reward is great at the end of your build.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8-I-D-Uni...ash=item2a62e6e933:g:ojQAAOSwd0BV7Qg1&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

Mirendor

Mar 25, 2016
Virginia
Hey thanks alto for your replies guys it actually gave me some ideas on what i must try. I appreciate it a whole bunch.

sissytrikerider

Jun 25, 2011
buffalo
First sugestion is to go either to your local harbor freight or hit ebay. Get a digital caliper with inches and mm. I got hf on sale for $10. VERY usefull tool that will pay for its self.

Now after getting familar with your new toy and measuring various things in the garage measure your hub for your rear wheel and you can look for a clamshell sprocket adaptor that fits your set up. Theres various shapes and designs, with and with out sprockets, usualy about $100
I personaly dont see the need to spend $$$$$ on a "good set of calipers" as this is a bicycle after all not rocket science, and i can assure you the little gook asembling your motor didnt use them either.