Glendale Build

GoldenMotor.com

HardcoreHottie

Oct 2, 2015
Arizona
Here is the newest build. My first time with a Glendale. My favorite build is just a single speed cruiser so I surprised myself when I saw this and liked it. (I tend to pass on bikes with gears) So far there has only been few minor issues I wasn't expecting, the handle bars, intake manifold, and exhaust. I wasn't able to push back the shifter enough to fit the throttle on. I switched to a flat bar, which is ok but I liked the stock ones so I was a little disappointed. Working on a custom intake manifold right now which I will post when I'm done. I think it might rob some power but my experience with this motor is that it makes too much power for these stock wheels anyway so I don't mind detuning it a bit.

.ride9

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice clean build. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing it with the members.

As for the throttle/shifter interference, have you considered relocating the shifter? If you pedal a lot you probably like the shifter where it is easily accessable but as a motorized bicycle you probably don't use the gears much anyway.

I moved my twist grip shifter to the center of my bars and mounted it to a bar extender like the roadies use. It is still there if/when I want to use it but out of the way and gave me room for the throttle on a set of ape hangers on a couple of chopper builds.

Tom