Big Black Jack

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Is it made from cast iron?

I've got some very nice carbide bike lamps which are made from brass and I don't think they are that heavy. Most carbide lamps have a parallelogram spring mounting to help with road shocks. Perhaps something similar might be good for your lamp.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Just thought I'd bump this thread and keep it alive, The Jack has been on a hold pattern until I can figure out how to design an expansion chamber with a period correct look but I'm getting closer! and then I'm still debating on that 1910 Ford Kerosene Lantern, Decisions Decisions.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ok! so it's been a while and I have a little up date on the "Black Jack" 1909 Shaw tribute, still need an HD Ignition System a better exhaust ( preferably an expansion chamber disguised as a muffler can) Drop stand and a Head Badge.
The Engine is a Power King Big Block that has been gone through straight out of the box with internal high performance modifications
Lower crank bearing from Germany
Upper crank Bearing from Japan
Balanced crack
Shaved/Skirted and Ramped piston
Port Matched, decked Cylinder
CR Machine Head
B8 HS Spark plug
Jetted Dellorto 15.15 Carb
Yee! Haa!

Attachments

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Ooooo yes I do like that Truckd. Beautiful simple lines and nicely proportioned. I think that Model 'T' kero lamp would look good on your bike by the way.

Your idea of making the exhaust look period correct, but hiding an expansion chamber is a good one. I'll be interested to see how that turns out.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! I.W.
I am thinking of a smaller expansion chamber with a two piece type can welded together over it just something to get a little better performance then a stock muffler can.
A lot of thought went in to this bike to get it right.