Honda 125cc

GoldenMotor.com

tjhs10

May 15, 2014
mississippi
First thing this is a great forum I have learned a ton just looking around this site. I want to build a board track / antique looking bike. so I picked up a Honda cl125 I want to use the motor . my question is do y'all think that motor is to heavy for a normal bike frame if its stretched somewhere between 50-52 inches thanks for any input or good links...

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. The honda clone engines with the horizontal cylinder (like the Grom motor) fit into stretch cruiser frames with some cutting and welding. A few members have built with those engines and we see them in all the motopeds.
I'm not familiar with MS traffic laws, but it sounds like you are not to concerned about keeping it street legal.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Is this a vertical motor? I was thinking the CL motor is. Might be a bit of a challenge. I believe it would be heavier than a 125 horizontal which is 50+lbs. As WB6 indicates the horizontal takes a stretch(ed) frame. I have built 2 standard frame bikes with the horizontal engine and its not difficult, just work. Weigh the motor, and post some pics of what you have. Will be easier to offer advise then.