8mm ball replacement not coming out!! please read

GoldenMotor.com

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
hey everyone, i lost that little 8 mm ball that goes into the tube to push the clutch, so i put a small shaft in it, but now i found a replacement, but i dont know how to take out the shaft i put in there!!, the shaft is a small screw that i cut and put in there. how can i take it out?? thanks, its stuck were the ball would go infont of the bucking bar

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
hey everyone, i lost that little 8 mm ball that goes into the tube to push the clutch, so i put a small shaft in it, but now i found a replacement, but i dont know how to take out the shaft i put in there!!, the shaft is a small screw that i cut and put in there. how can i take it out?? thanks, its stuck were the ball would go infont of the bucking bar
It's a screw or a bolt?
Do ya have an ice pick?

Stab it in the hole and hope for the best? :)

If that fails I would suggest prayer to invoke divine intervention.

I use a telescoping magnet tool to remove the ball bearing that only gets "stuck" in grease, so not stuck as in jammed into the hole.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I don't have a solution, but certainly admire your problem : )

If it is sticking out on the drive side, then I'd try to thread something onto it & use a puller on it.

If it's stuck inside the drive side, then (depending on your tolerance to risk) I'd thread onto the rod on the other side to protect the threads there and give it a bash with a hammer to see if it will knock thru.

Other than that, you're probably looking at some drilling & EZout work.

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
I had a similar situation. I doused the rod and hole with brake cleaner then wiped and repeated several times until the outside surface was free of oil and grease. Then dry the exposed surface. I used a hot glue gun as it dries fast but any adhesive should work to attach a screw or rod or whatever, to the bucking rod. Then simply pull out and re grease.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm guessing here, but, it wouldn't surprise me that the bolt/screw, whatever you used is mushroomed over at the end where it contacts the clutch. This would be from friction. The idea of the ball bearing is to reduce the contact area to the smallest possible to prevent friction.
The bolt, or whatever you put in there might be jammed and could be a booger to get out if the above suggestions don't work. I'd try the magnet first but it will need to be a small one, 8mm or less and a strong one too. If you have a very strong magnet you might try sticking the bucking bar to it and letting the bar transfer some magnetic attraction to the bolt. Grease will hamper getting it out so clean it well.
Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Tom

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
thanks for the input, what i done is i put some realy strong adhesive on the same bolt then i stuck it onto the bolt in the tube and it pulled it out, but the bolt in the tube was still a bit stuck so before i could get it out the adhesive broke :(