It is hard to finish all the summer projects I started.

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
In the spring I set out to 1. Ride my bike more and maybe start a different build 2. Get a lot done on my 50 ford. 3. Do a little work on the inside of my shop. 4. Rebuild the pontoon boat that my son and daughter inlaw were given by her grandparents, it was all progressing well till I got "volentold "that I would be a player on roster of the softball team that my son and son inlaw play on. The spring season went fairly well, then the summer season came and my playing time increased due to players going on vacation, then my son informs me that I was "vonentold " I would be playing and helping coach a fall coed team. The only problem was that the two seasons overlapped and we all of the sudden were playing on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Well I didn't get as much done as I had hoped but we did take the pontoon boat for its madden voyage Sunday afternoon, it was a total success. After totally disassembleing the boat redecking it and recarpeting it and putting it all back together we were satisfied.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I know how it goes: realizing that you may have bitten off more than you were ready to chew.
Oh - new word for me - I take it "voluntold" = to volunteer somebody without their knowledge or if you suspect they may not speak up right away on their own?
I may use that. It seems to happen to me at home.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Crashing and breaking a bone put the ka-bosh on my summer plans. My goal was to clean and rearrange my garage and work space. Ha, ha. Since Father's Day all I've accomplished, after a bunch of hours of physical therapy, is mowing my lawn, putting concrete sealer on my back porch and walking my dogs. I've ridden a few miles but nothing like summers past. It's gonna be a long winter I fear.

Tom

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Dang, Tom. How'd I miss that bit. You certainly have my sympathies. Hope the break was nothing too serious. Sounds like you're getting around okay now. These days I'm happy if I can avoid anything to do with hospitals and emergency rooms. I hope you keep feeling better. Still praying for Fasteddy too.