Purchased a twin bicycle engine

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I purchased a Marman twin engine(opposed) on e-bay. I really don't know much about this engine, just wanted a twin. Does anyone have one of these, if so could you give me some info on it. Of course I do know that they were mounted on a schwin MP-97.
Thanks for any info.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Excellent score! Did you get a good deal on it? Running or not?

Pictures, please.

thimmaker

Jan 25, 2008
Bartlett, Illinois
Contact the "Vintage Motorbike Club". I know there are guys in there with Marmons and you can probably find a copy of the manuel. I had a couple of Monark Twins and they were similiar.
Geo.

thimmaker

Jan 25, 2008
Bartlett, Illinois
You probably heard this by now, but thats a Monark Supertwin engine, not a Marmon. They were built by Power Products and put on the Monark bikes at the Monark factory in Chicago. Try to find the disc clutch that goes with it and you'll have a great bike. There's another one of these engines on E-bay right now, but not in as good a condition. The rear facing cylinder was prone to overheating from lack of air flow. I can e-mail you a lot of build pictures if you like.
Geo.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Geo,
No I was not aware! Thank you for the information. I've heard the name Monark twin but had never seen one. I will PM you with my e-mail address, will be greatful for any info or pictures.

Jim

You probably heard this by now, but thats a Monark Supertwin engine, not a Marmon. They were built by Power Products and put on the Monark bikes at the Monark factory in Chicago. Try to find the disc clutch that goes with it and you'll have a great bike. There's another one of these engines on E-bay right now, but not in as good a condition. The rear facing cylinder was prone to overheating from lack of air flow. I can e-mail you a lot of build pictures if you like.
Geo.