back wheel locked up

GoldenMotor.com

spiffy-fish

Jan 25, 2013
florida
so i bought a motor kit and beach cruiser. i put every thing together. i put gas in the tank turned the fuel on. i pulled in the clutch pedaled to a decent speed and dropped the clutch. the back wheel locked up and wont move even with the clutch pulled in. i took the chain off my wheel and the wheel moved fine.

can someone please help me figure this out i need this running by the end of the week.:-||

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
take the spark plug out, get the back wheel an inch or so off the ground, watch the chain while turning the wheel

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Did you mix oil in the gas?

And do what crassius said, take the plug out and spin the tire while ur clutch is engaged and see if your piston moves up and down... if doesn't means ur engine is seized

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is you chain tensioned properly? Too loose and it can bind at the engine drive sprocket. A chain that is not aligned properly can also bind. 1/2 to 3/4" slack is where you want your chain to be.

Tom

spiffy-fish

Jan 25, 2013
florida
i did put oil in the gas but the motor didnt ever turn over. the engine sprocket cover screws would not come lose and the spark plug tool is to small for the spark plug

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
i did put oil in the gas but the motor didnt ever turn over. the engine sprocket cover screws would not come lose and the spark plug tool is to small for the spark plug
OK, buy or borrow a plug tool that fits.

Have seen several of these lately that were so tight that the cover wouldn't open with a screw driver - buy or borrow a hand impact driver so you can open that cover & watch the chain.

spiffy-fish

Jan 25, 2013
florida
the impact drive worked. the sprocket skipped a chain link. the clutch worked and it started up. but the throttle wasn't really working and the idle was messed up. how do i fix that?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Turning the idle screw clockwise raises the idle, if you can get it started and let it warm up a bit it will be easier. A carburetor is not like fuel injection, it has to warm up slightly before it operates correctly