New member,Centrifugal clutch

GoldenMotor.com

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Well I never seen one without it my bad,then that must be different than all the other 2 strokes I have seen.I tried to help.

Mike G

Jul 3, 2012
Havertown pa
yep...same on the pull start...again I apologize if I offended you, just frustration, I'm not that kind of person and glad you are trying to help me.

leaded50

Oct 29, 2011
Norway
A centrifugal clutch wont be engaged without engine running. If so, there must be something wrong with it, stuck! Take of the outer part of the clutch and see if its possible to move clutcharms/shoes,or whats inside. They should be possible to slide in/out a little whatever. If not, its stuck, or wrong parts together!

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Hey Mike. Are you sure your bike has a centrifugal clutch? It doesn't look like it doesn, but it might just be well concealed..

Ok, I think your problem is just adjustment. There are many different videos on YOUTUBE showing you how to adjust it. there are adjustments for the clutch lever, and internal adjustments for the clutch mating surfaces itself. I'd start by adjusting the clutch lever (it's the easiest). Start by letting the clutch all the way out, and then pushing the bike by hand. See if the bike moves at all (it shouldn't because the clutch is let out).
OK, put your finger on the clutch lever, not the one on the handlebar, the one that's on the engine and push it all the way far back enough that it allows you to move the bike back and forth freely. Mark it with a pen, because that's how far you need to be able to move it when you pull the lever (on the handlebar).
Now, make sure you adjust the clutch to be able to move that far.

If you do adjust it and it still doesn't move freely, then you might need to adjust the internals of the clutch itself. If you do that too, and it doesn't work, then you have a bad clutch.

Try it first and let me know how it acts. You should be able to pedal the bike freely while the clutch is pulled. And you shouldn't be able to pedal from a stop while it's released. Otherwise, adjustments need to be performed.