Some Advice Please

GoldenMotor.com

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
So after starting my first bike build and having it done I read up, after the fact, about the style sprocket mounts that attach around the rear hub instead of the spokes. I decided to buy one and ended up on the Manic Mechanic page directly on the custom sprocket adapter page. ( Not on the home page) I read over it and measured my hub (1.522) and made the order and paid through paypal. It did not give me an option to buy a sprocket at that time and when I went to the page selling the different sprockets nothing showed up to be able to purchase it. So looking around the site I ended up on the home page where the owner has written, " He is sick of the idiot public and custom adapter program is over". - OK oh great I just sent 45.00 to him for an adapter ( not sure if mine is custom) so I guess i will write him an email.

Ok so no response so I figure I will call and leave a polite message asking for clarification as referenced above. No response. Now I have bought 4 motors and many add on parts as I want to build several bikes. Any other contact I have emailed or called has immediately got back to me and more then happy to help and sell me stuff :)

So my question is does anyone have any experience dealing with this site? IS the owner a member here? Have I found myself caught is some dramatic BS and just need to cancel the payment? I figure I would give him a week to respond and take appropriate action then if no response. I like the site, I like the effort of his work, I want to support that kind of smaller business. But if there is something I am missing or anyone else having the same problem some advice may help to determine what to expect or do..thanks...