Oil plugging Up Engine??

GoldenMotor.com

fraser

Feb 11, 2012
Vancouver
Still having trouble with my 66cc zoombicycles 2 stroke. Bought new spark plug NGK B5HS. Same problem not firing up properly and when it finally gets going I have to pedal to keep the engine running. Got it too a point where If I kept the Engine going full throttle it would run normally and get up to speeds of about 20 km/h not as fast as usual. If I let off the throttle the engine would stall and if I engaged the clutch it would stall. After running for a while I noticed at the end of the muffler and at the top seam where I noticed oily residue was smoking even after engine was turned off. Is it possible that maybe I wasn't running it hot enough prior to when I noticed problems and oil plugged everything up.
Do I maybe just need to run it full throttle and get it hot enough to clean out the system a bit??
Has anyone ever had this problem??

Thanks

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Never had that problem, but sounds that you may have a blown head-gasket, or maybe clogged exhaust. Remove the exhaust pipe and see if it will run, then you might want take a compression test.

Arnold Layne

Dec 3, 2010
Nebraska
My bike ran about like that when the needle jet rattled out, it would kinda run at 3/4 throttle or wide open but nothing under that, no idle, acted really rich. I was surprised it ran as good as it did!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
My bike ran about like that when the needle jet rattled out, it would kinda run at 3/4 throttle or wide open but nothing under that, no idle, acted really rich. I was surprised it ran as good as it did!

I remember hearing of this also, very good point...... Arnold.

Pull that bowl off the carb. and check that the jet is in place fraser, Arnold may have just hit your nail right on the head.

Map

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
pull the float bowl and make sure that the main jet didn't fall out.
do you have anything hooked to the white wire? (like a light)
if so, this can cause your magneto to become weak over time and you will experience the same problems. (will run at full throttle but dies at idle.)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ten days and he can't come back and say "Thank you" or tell us what he's done.

Some people post questions just to see their type on the screen, me thinks.
Tom

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
LOL

u guys r funny!

.... they don't visit, they won't write, they don't even call except on their birthday to ask for money...

lol

it's probably running fine now, having the time of his life, and he hasn't stopped unless he needed more fuel !!!

:)
rc

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
LOL............! Thats the way to tell it like it is or at least seems to be.....LOL!

Sometimes you just can't help but say...WHAT?

Peace, Map

Ten days and he can't come back and say "Thank you" or tell us what he's done.

Some people post questions just to see their type on the screen, me thinks.
Tom