How to replace Shaft for the clutch

GoldenMotor.com

AnthonyWillmore

Aug 11, 2011
United States
Hello everyone

My current problem with my 2 stroke motorized bike is one of the shafts is stripped that connects the clutch to the motor. Im getting a replacement part in the mail, but I have no idea how to put the brand new shaft in/ take it out.

:-||
Also I cannot lock back in my cog that runs the chain. It came off easily when I took off the plate on the side of the engine to check out what happened. I think their is supposed to be a key that locks it back in but it somehow fell off when i was riding. Im thinking when the key fell out, the cog moving at its high speed when i was riding stripped the shaft.

Since the Cog is not locked in / the shaft is stripped. I can pedal, let go of the clutch and the bike will not start. the cog just simply slips out of place, not allowing the transition to start the motor

If someone could give me a detailed explanation about how to replace this shaft it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Anthony Willmore

Attachments

Last edited:

AnthonyWillmore

Aug 11, 2011
United States
This is very helpful, thank you!

I see that their is a key that holds in the cog that runs the chain. I seem to have lost it tho. Do you know a store that might sell them?

Thanks again.

Anthony Willmore

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
They are an oddball metric size. If you get one from a hardware story you will need to thin and re shape it to fit the shaft. It is best to get a few from a vendor.
FWIW, judging from your pics, right where the key way should be on your shaft looks all bugered up. I don't know if there is even enough shaft for the tapered sprocket and key to lock up to the shaft properly. You may have to use vice grips to hold the shaft steady during dis-assembly.