Two new peddler builds. One for her. One for me.

GoldenMotor.com

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So here's a few projects I almost wrapped up this weekend. The first is a 60's Western Flyer For the wife I picked up off good ol' Craigslist for free! She picked the frame color and I went to town. Still need to add the custom stickers I'm designing that will say "Fundy Flyer" as that's the area of the North Atlantic she's from. Also have a vintage cream saddle and grips coming. Gotta pick up a chain as well. The fenders need more tweaking as well. They're rubbing the 2.125's a bit.

Next up is the '65 Murray Missile I picked up last week. The thing was in AMAZING condition. I'll done so far is polish the chrome to almost like new condition and add the red tires I had laying around. I also flipped the light to go under the bars for a bit more stream-lined look. Frame still needs a good rub down. And before all the bar-flip haters that think they're played out get going, here's my take on them. Think about a '49 Merc. Great looking car stock...now chop the top...completely different look that just sets the car off! I feel the same away about flipped bars. I need to add the rear light and generator back on the bike. But it will basically stay like this. Classic hot rod style. Just enough to set off from the stock bike. Oh ya, got add new brake pads also ;)

Should be some chill cruisin' on these two!

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
The '65 wasn't free, but a good deal for some nice add-on parts that came with it like the lights, generator, and brake. The step-through was though!