Custom gas tank

GoldenMotor.com

FatOldGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Arizona
I bought one of those custom gas tank DVDs from John Jackson. What a waste!
He does not give you a clear parts list with brand names or suggested suppliers.
You get to sit and watch him sand flower foam for twenty minutes.
Forget about asking him questions. He takes forever to answer his e-mail, and then gives you the briefest answer he can.
I even offered to take his parts list with brand names, suppliers, etc., and convert it to a nice PDF document. He completely ignored my email and for a parts list gave me the following:

"fill and pet cock bung, hobby foam. sand papers, acetone, paste car wax, mixing bowls"

He talks about a specific kind of tank liner. If he mentions the brand name he does it so quickly that you keep missing it.

Not long ago I bought a great DVD on how to paint your car at home, done by a school teacher. Not only did it include the disc, but a PDF book clearly laying out the procedures, parts list, etc. Anytime I have a question he answers me within 12 hours with a in-depth answer.

All in all, I am sorry I wasted my money on this.

This is just my own experience and opinion.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
sorry you didn't like the dvd. i guess swaping e mails with you for weeks wasn't enough. if you'd like send the dvds back i'll refund your money. although the type of person you seem to be you have probably already copied it. this would have been resolved better through PM's

FatOldGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Arizona
I see no reason not share share my personal opinion with others. Since getting you to answer questions is so hard a task. Most of the e-mails (painfully slow while waiting for you to respond) we had over the last few weeks was because the first disc you sent me was defective.
I thought in this country a person was allowed to have a personal opinion based on his own experiences.
Some people may love your DVD, I did not. Simple as that.

FatOldGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Arizona
p.s. as to solving this through PMs:

1. I did not know your name on this board, you never mentioned PMs before.

2. If you feel you have a good product, then you have nothing to fear from the personal opinions of one person.

3. If this had been private nobody would have seen you accuse me of being a thief.

That is why I do not want your money. I am just writing this up as a loss.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
wow! your accusation of a customer with out proof is at best disgracefull and show's a total disregard for your customer after you are payed his hard earned money. in the not so distant past a punch in the face would be required. but in 2011 the police will be called followed by the lawyer. what a shame. dennis bell

bishop letov

Jul 3, 2011
Bucks County , Pennsylvania
You want a totlly Custom tank... Ill be making one and doing a tutorial which hopefully will become a sticky.

Pvc Tubing.. Cut and put in oven at 195 dergees..
Prior though.. make a block out of wood as a mould and a steel ring from strapping for ac or even just a 1/2 bigger cut out of plywood..

Make two of them.

Silicone sealant, Inside, PVC glue outside, Screws to hold the hot pvc down over the mould.

Then shave the bottom mould over form. leave the top bigger, Use steel banding and 8-32 screws and nuts to clamp down on the two halves..a torch to heat the pvc after assembling the two halfs and flanged vice grips to cup it under.Drill with hole saw and Pvc pipe for filling that will accomidate a pug be it threaded or expansion plug for plumbing. Use gas tank sealer of your choice from advanced auto or whatever your hometown parts store is.

Extra precaution.. Use bed liner one the outside to seal outside of taother option. Use the tubes of your frame to hold gas.. Drill hole for hose barb to be threaded into it at lowest point. get a pipe fitting and Braze or even fiberglass into place.

Lowest work buck option... Pvc tubing, Use chemical repellant glue with two end caps.. Hole saw to put filler tube and cap. Barbs for fuel draw.

Totally custom.. make a mould out of foam. then cover it with tank sealer leaving a hole where you will have a fuel filler. Let tank sealer dry, fiberglass over with first laery being a ton of resin. Apply fabric in layers with fabric. repeat many times and last 5 layers of resin. drill hole for tank filler. Pour in gas to dissolve foam. fiberglass tank filler in place.
add structural steel for mounting on bottom. Final coat with resin two to three more times for smooth finish. Sand/ paint install.

This is not theory... Ive dont this for my Motorcylces that I use to have an 8 gallon tank on for desert riding and a few other Boats and other Gasoline fueled projects..

There is always brass and brazing.. or leading.

all up to the ability you have and your patience....
Look at Justgastanks.com

Just Gas Tanks

FatOldGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Arizona
This is a message I just got from camlifter:
"caswell is a real site. apparently you can't use the internet either. i told you the method used in the vid could be used to convert one of those tanks, not that it showed how. you also said you had lots of experience using fiberglass and making molds. i still have your address and am mailing you a refund of $20. keep the dvd's as my gift to a dead beat that i'm already supporting with my tax's, hope to never hear from you again."

As you can he is extraordinarily rude. He can not help insulting people. He makes wild unfounded accusations.

True I am not working right this moment, but I am awaiting an organ transplant. I have worked my entire life, since I was 14. Luckily during this period of poor health (genetic liver failure) I have my wife who make over 80k a year. How dare he accuse me of living off of him.

When I told him I had experience mold making I said it was resin (I used to cast resin models) not fiberglass, so another assumption on his part. He said he is sending me a refund. I NEVER asked for one. I just wrote it up as a loss.

I hope none of you decide to make a purchase from him. Not only does he have zero courtesy, but zero customer service as well.

Personally I look forward to reading Bishops tutorial. It sounds really neat. I hope there are lots of pictures!

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
fatoldguy ordered a dvd from me. i sent him one. he said it wouldn't play so i offered him a refund or a replacment. i sent him another dvd. i played both dvds before sending them and both played. after getting the 2nd dvd he emailed me wanting me to email him files of the sourcecode so he could edit the dvd for some reason. when i didn't he started his complaint of how the dvd was junk and i'd ripped him off. yes i was rude to him, but only after he was rude to me first. at this point he has 2 copys of the dvd and a refund of his payment. and yes the dvd has a copyright.

FatOldGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Arizona
As I told him, the first one seem to have been damaged during shipping. He does not use stiff DVD mailers, but soft padded envelopes.
I told him he did not need to send a disc, he could just e-mail me the ISO, the disc image. He had no idea what I was talking about and immediately started accusing me of being a crook. If the first disc was good, why would I want another? Does he think I do not know how to copy a disk? I was a computer tech for 25 years, until I got sick.
Not once did I ever ask for my money back. I just wanted a working DVD. Imagine my disappointment when I spent nearly two hours watching it and learned almost nothing. He just assumed that everything he knows, everyone knows.
It was a waste, that is why I just wrote it up as a loss.
He is a nasty man with a bad attitude. He hates answering any questions.
I bought a DVD from this guy to learn to paint my car: Easy How To Paint A Car PRO Your Self Home and he is a super great guy, answers e-mails within 12 hours, give his opinions about compressors and spray guns, etc.
This is not his regular job, he is a school teacher, but since he sell a product he is both courteous and helpful. Something that camlifter emphatically is not.
I will not be responding to this post again. He can fling all the insults, and lies he wants. I just do not care.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i really don't know what to say. you sent me an email saying nice work, i hope my tank turns out as good as the one in the dvd. then i come to the forum and your flaming me and saying i ripped you off. so i go back and check my email and you've sent a page long rant of how i'm cheating a disabled person out of there money. since then i've refunded your money and let you keep both dvd's

anyone who has been on this forum longer than a day knows i don't cheat people. i've given my time and generosity to many people on this forum over the last 2 years. up to and including free parts and labor and much more. if you had contacted me and said, i'm disabled and have no money can you help me out with a free dvd i would have sent you one. running a scam on me and then flaming me on the fourm is a little much. enjoy the dvds i hope you do well with them.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
fatoldguy, should'nt you be staying away from toxic chemicals with a bad liver? and camlifter, if you sell a morini bike for $600 i guess you aint in this for the money. so i'd say let's let this dog rest. life's to short. sincerly dennis bell

FatOldGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Arizona
Actually DMB I have a nice dual cartridge respirator I use for everything from sanding my car to airbrushing model cars. I also always wear nitrile gloves.
I thank you for your concern though.