Good vendors?

GoldenMotor.com

Basement Cat

Mar 14, 2011
Florida
I'm trying to find a good vendor for one of those Chinese engine kits (Jet, Grubee, etc.). However, it seems like every time I find a possible vendor on ebay or a website, when I do a search on here I find that many people have had issue with them (for example gasbike.net and boygofast on ebay).

I just want to get a decent kit from someone who isn't looking to rip me off. Can you guys please give me some names of good people to deal with? I'm looking into buying a jet kit from piston bikes. They seem to have a good rep on here; would this be the way to go?

I really want to order a kit soon and get cracking on building a motorized bike!

I've done alot of searching and the answer to my question is not very clear which is why I decided to make a thread.

Thanks in advance!

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
I only buy kits through Piston Bikes because they are reliable and give good service and also have a phone number to call them at. No having to dink around with waiting for an email response is worth a few bucks more to me.

Last edited:

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Hey Goat I have to say that both are good companies but SBP doesn't sell kits unless the just started and deal primarily with a few parts, shift kits and expansion chambers.

Pirate is good but again you have to rely on email contact if you need to get a hold of them and sometimes I have had to send a couple emails to get a response.

What I like about Robert and Greg at PB is that they are both MBers and support the community by hosting events in their area as well as helping to sponsor this forums "Death Race" That cant be said of many ebay suppliers and even a few vendors. And
Before you say it I know the guys at Pirate and SBP are MBers too, but I doubt that most of the people at Kings, Bikeberry or others could ride a bike let alone CS their way out of a paper sack if someone has a really technical question.

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca
I deal with them all the time. They are actually just down the road from me. Or should I say they deal with me and my crazy questions. Really good guys. They will let you know what works and what wont. They dont just sell you something just to make money. That and the fact that they always answer the phone. Even had them answer after hours.

Basement Cat

Mar 14, 2011
Florida
Thanks for the info guys! Looks like I will be placing an order with piston bikes soon. I'm excited to build my first MB!!!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
there are tons of threads here and many good members that can help you with just about any issue you could ever run into.

Basement Cat

Mar 14, 2011
Florida
whatever 2 stroke kit you get I would recomend you do a thorough inspection before running it.
Thanks. I plan on doing just that + some porting.

I've been looking around the forums and there is a bunch of good information but it's tough to find, even when using the search function. I'm planning on buying the 66cc kit from piston bikes and would like to replace the needle bearing for the piston as soon as I get my kit but I'm having trouble finding the correct part number and vendor from which I can buy it. I've seen a few threads concerning the needle bearing upgrades but I wasn't sure if it was for the smaller bore engines of if the ones I saw would fit the 66cc.

Thanks for the responses guys! I already have an electric bike that I built from one of those hub motor kits you get on eBay (it works great btw!) so this will actually be my second motor bike, but my first gasser.

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca
Just picked up another kit from piston bikes today. I love those guys.
This kit has hardened studs. All though the cylinder studs were smaller. Had the cylinder cleaned up, one of the new intake mani's,and everything was packedged really nice. The motor had obviously been run for a short time on some real rich bad oil. Other then the bad oil its all right by me.