Need help... Motor not accelerating....

GoldenMotor.com

AhabChris

Apr 1, 2011
Orange County
I have a RAW 66/80cc motor was running like a champ than around 180 miles into use, the bike does not accelerate past 25. I have tried new spark plugs clutch level and clutch itself appears to be fine. To describe the feeling its as I accelerate I hit 25 feels as if I am pulled to slow down, moves back up pulls me back again and so on.chain feels nice and tight not too much give on it. I have ridin this bike up to 35 mph and now it just feels weak and struggling. Please help much appreciated.

nextpimp

Mar 28, 2011
NY
Go through the basics... check for leaks. New motor... check head bolts. It sounds like you're running rich, which if you're still in that 3 tank break in period you SHOULD BE. Things could just be settling in. My guess... Intake,exhaust, or head leak. I'd check torque on my bolts and nothings wrong there FINE. Bike still running as u describe..COOL. Finish off the current tank of gas then move the mix up to 32:1

AhabChris

Apr 1, 2011
Orange County
I've done the thirty two to one ratio the whole time. I don't know what it can be I am having an oil build up on my engine don't know where its from it may not be burning properly? If thatts a possibility?

nextpimp

Mar 28, 2011
NY
eh... its a 2 stroke. there's gonna be some spray. Seriously.... check for leaks, and don't forget the spark plug as a leak source.... I did. =D

AhabChris

Apr 1, 2011
Orange County
Future reference everyone here me out

AN IDLER PULLY PULLED TOO HIGH WILL NOT ROTATE AND DECREASE SPEED DRAMATICALLY!

Long beach cruise here my wife and I come =)

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
i had i problem like this before on my bike, it was a bad seal on my carb, so you might to just your carb and your intake make sure everything is air tight around there

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
this is sounding like whats been happening to me mine was cuz my carberator was pushed in too far then it was cuz my throdle cap the part that screws to the top of carb kept comin loose and just needed to be tightened with pliers. good luck

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i checked out his bike today. nothing seemed weird or out of place. did some quick porting work on the intake, which probably didn't help too much.

i didn't have enough time to go through it, but i think i can make it work a lot better with some simple tuning and porting.

one thing he said was that after a few hundred miles he's still at a 16:1 mixture and i recommended going 32:1.

i also topped it off with Opti-2 for the ride home. maybe that'll help.