What Happened to Pirate Cycles?

GoldenMotor.com

hmiwb

Oct 6, 2009
Missouri
I think understaffed may be the logical answer. I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago. My emails went unanswered, but my stuff arrived just fine and in a timely manner.

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
I ordered from them last week and didn't get any reply to emails either. However, my order arrived with no problems. It was a couple of days later than previous orders, but still sent in a timely manner. They do have a notice on the home page of their website that they are busy opening their new retail and service shop and haven't been able to return emails.

whitey

Mar 7, 2010
Western Australia
I have a really odd order that I will need to contact them to organize so I am very frustrated.

I need 2 front drum worksman wheels. 1 with the hub and one without (bare rim and spokes)

mbp66

Nov 18, 2010
fitchburg mass
I just came from the Pirate page.I ordered another Manic Mech. sprocket adapter.Justin has been slow on email updates in the recent past,however please remember he does include candy.I have a pirate flag,mounted,and a pirate flashlite found in the candy. Peter

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
there site says they're relocating or something along those lines, i ordered a cdi from there on monday and it came in today, so nothing to worry about.

didn't answer my emails or phone calls either but they're probably quite busy right now, springs coming after all.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
A friend wanted to order the sprocket adapter but the site did not allow him to not order the 50t or bigger sprocket for and extra $20

he got no answer to his calls

maybe someone here can answer his question

Is the sprocket extra and is the 50t the smallest option

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
A friend wanted to order the sprocket adapter but the site did not allow him to not order the 50t or bigger sprocket for and extra $20

he got no answer to his calls

maybe someone here can answer his question

Is the sprocket extra and is the 50t the smallest option
i think he is simply out of stock, thus he's selling what he has left, the 40 tooth sprockets do come with the adapters though, as far as i know.

i ordered a different hub adapter with 40 tooth sprocket but they aren't technically available yet, so it cost me a bit more then it would have and i was lucky i was even able to get that one.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
That's what I thought
But they also give the option of no sprocket
I think I remember seeing that it would not but I wasn't sure of the kit sprocket would fit

he'll just have to rag joint his new wheel until he can get what he needs

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
That's what I thought
But they also give the option of no sprocket
I think I remember seeing that it would not but I wasn't sure of the kit sprocket would fit

he'll just have to rag joint his new wheel until he can get what he needs
the no sprocket option save you like $15 if you don't need it, pretty sure kits don't work.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
A little trick I learned watching a guy cut a hole too small with a hole saw drill. Often times one can fit a hole saw inside a hole saw and use the one on the inside as a guide like the pilot bit originally does. Between that trick or what ever. Then just make a quick trace pattern of the adapters hole pattern for bolting up a sprocket and use the 44 tooth kit supplied sprocket.

mbp66

Nov 18, 2010
fitchburg mass
Last Dec.I bought a Manic adapter and 40 tooth sprocket.It fit my huffey/falcon hub perfectly.I recently got a cb-e110 laced to a 26x1.75 alloy rim,14g spokes.This adapt.will not fit the cb-e110.Yesterday I ordered the 'Worksman Special Edition'adapt..Then I found this thread.I just want to ride my motor bicycle. Peter