better small drive gear for china 2 stroke??

GoldenMotor.com

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
has anyone had there small drive gear snap into 3??(or more) i did and it was a good thing i was going slow cuz my back wheel locked up.. anyway, it made me think maybe i should look into a better one.. dose anyone have a clue where to get one that will not break! if so a link or something would me nice. thanx!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I think the real problem is the gear doesn't totally cover the woodruff key behind the gear; & the gear cracks as the key is coming out at high revs. I see this problem all the time.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
has anyone had there small drive gear snap into 3??(or more) i did and it was a good thing i was going slow cuz my back wheel locked up.. anyway, it made me think maybe i should look into a better one.. dose anyone have a clue where to get one that will not break! if so a link or something would me nice. thanx!

Hey, where are your clutch pads?
No one makes replacement gears so you have to buy the factory originals.
Gears breaking does not happen very often.

There was a report here off a small drive gear being made of aluminum but
yours looks like the usual steel.

What brand is your motor?

Last edited:

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
Hey, where are your clutch pads?
No one makes replacement gears so you have to buy the factory originals.
Gears breaking does not happen very often.

There was a report here off a small drive gear being made of aluminum but
yours looks like the usual steel.

What brand is your motor?
this motor is getting rebuilt so the clutch pads are out right now.. my motor is a 2010 skyhawk. i got a new gear. but id really like something stronger and maybe a way to keep my key from falling out??

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
I think the real problem is the gear doesn't totally cover the woodruff key behind the gear; & the gear cracks as the key is coming out at high revs. I see this problem all the time.
yah. it really dose not cover it.. is there any good way to keep it from falling out? im thinking maybe a rubbery glue. ill put a dob down then the key, then install the gear before it drys.. would it keep the key from shaking out? id use something stronger but i would like to be able to remove it if need be. or could i file it flat on the sides so it fits snug.. maybe both???? let me know what you think? thanx !