Adjustable Spherical Rod End Clutch Arm!

GoldenMotor.com

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hi,Gang.Here's Pics of my latest version of what I think a clutch arm should look like!,and how it should function!
The clutch arm itself is longer than the stock arm which give you better leverage which means easier pull!
It is adjustable which means you can dial in the alignment with the cable stud on the motor.NO-RUB=NO-wear!
The cable bolt rides in a bearing which means your cable will stay aligned throughout the engage-dis-engage cycle!
The cable bolt is adjustable which means you don't need to monkey with the brass cable holder to tweak the adjustment!
This is my first proto-type!
I'll start making them and selling them if I can generate enough interest!
Your thoughts? Kip.
[email protected]

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I like the idea, Kip. Did you just cut and thread a clutch actuator arm or fab a new one? Also is that a standard 1/4 28 rod end, or metric? (doesn't really matter, does it?) One thing that comes to mind; the longer arm will require more cable travel from the handlebar lever. Are you using a longer clutch lever or will the short ones I see in many kits give you enough travel?
Thanks for sharing.
Tom

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Thanks 2 Door! No I cut the original off and went from there.
I't a 5/16x 24 bolt with the head cut off & Rod end with a M8 cable bolt.
The stock lever works fine.
Actually the bend in the arm makes for less travel.
I used to lengthen the stock one by adding 1/2" to them for better leverage
now this set-up works much smoother! Kip.
[email protected]

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i think this is a great idea. so great, in fact, that i've been sitting here with a bag fulla aircraft ends just waiting to make one. been wanting to do it since i got into this, just never have.

kudos for beating me to it.:)

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
i think this is a great idea. so great, in fact, that i've been sitting here with a bag fulla aircraft ends just waiting to make one. been wanting to do it since i got into this, just never have.

kudos for beating me to it.:)
Thanks,bairdco!And it works like BUDDA!25 degrees and snow I probably spend more time looking at em than riding em than you.
I'm gonna start selling them if I can generate enough interest! Kip.
[email protected]