I spoke too soon?

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I took my newly built bike for the first ride today and it ran fine. The second ride I took today I re-tightened the clutch cable, and went about normal start up procedure including opening the fuel valve. Now I do not have any flow when the valve is open. Yes, I did check obvious stuff, there is fuel in it. It started up and ran fine, but the level of fuel in the filter got lower because I was not getting any flow. The fuel filter on the valve is probably clogged with bits of rust. On this second run I got one good idle when I stopped, but after the level of fuel in the filter got lower, it would no longer idle. Could it be that the engine is starving for fuel? (I plan on washing out the tank to get some flow) or do I have a different problem. Like I said, my clutch is working, and the engine will idle sometimes. Please Help

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown
will it run with a little throttle blipping??

if so, you might need to tighten your idle screw some.

That filter on the petcock is horrible. just remove it.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I don't think that's it
I think it is a clog, there is no fuel coming out of my valve now, I can see it.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
The flow into the carb is pretty low so you may not actually see it flowing through the fuel lines and it is absolutely normal to have an air/fuel mix in the line. The only way to test it visually is to pull the fuel line off the carb and open the petcock on the tank to see if fuel comes out.