Okay Heres the clutch Plate and my Bike

GoldenMotor.com

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
i posted before that i had made a clutch mod that helps with engaging and disingaging, it also help with cooling and wear on the pads. so here it is.And heres a pic on my custom chopper, forgive the cruddy appearence, its a work is progress.

Attachments

Last edited:

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
also im having trouble with my carb because i accidently made the jet size #60, which is around 10 sizes to big, so i ordered these
Mini Pocket Bike Performance Carburetor Jets 47cc 49cc:eBay Motors (item 170334539278 end time Jun-18-09 21:45:18 PDT)

it was cheaper to get these then buy one from dax, i was also debating on ordering a new carb from zoomcycle but decided to go with these for now, if they dont work, a new carb will. the problems im having is that it is flooding, i have the needle all the way down to the lowest clip hight and it still flood, ive even tried changing the float hieght, still nothing, so im just going to have to wait until the new jets show up.
ps i dont have any drill bitts that small to redrill it, ive even tried to see about getting some one to do it for me but its cheaper the get these or buy a new carb.

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
usflgthanks for the imput and the compliment, yesterday i found a out that i can get a hig performace pocket bike carb that you see on zoomcycle for $65 + S/H. i can get the same one for $50. i already have the new tuned pipe, dont have it installed yet due to im in town and not near my welder. i got it for $40. which you see on ebay for $30 plus like $45 shipping. so i got a good deal out of that one, also my pipe, doesnt have those flat bends in it, there nice and even curve, ill try and get a pic f it for yeahs. since i found a performance carb a dont really need the jets any more but they might come in handy with the new carb and pipe on, i also think im going to find a clutch with round puck not the square one and order those pucks easyrider has. then the slant head and when i have to money a shifter kit, and i have a very interesting way of installing it on my bike. :) if you notice, i made the bike out of two. it has the front pedals. it also has the opening for another set of pedals. what im going to do it switch the sprockets over to the other side run a chain from to the other pedal set up. with this configuration i can pedal the chopper and use the shift kit with out any major tinkering, also im going to invest into a pullstart if i can find a site that doesnt charge an arm and a leg for them, and one that has them in stock.with all that done to the bike. When every thing is said and done, the bike cleaned up, painted new tires custom fenders headlight, working brake light and signal light, and maybe a custom gas tank to give it that chopper feel, i think ill have a very nice bike in the end.usflg

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
that will work too. i just did the 8 holes on mine just for experimental purposes, since it was a success i may drill some more, but it works, that good for me. xct2

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
why cant you? i have no trouble with mine at all? do u have the stock clutch? mine stock and i have no trouble adjusting it at all.

Attachments

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
okay so i got some extra money and was looking around ebay and found this. The carb and pipe are resonably priced so i think i will get them, i already have a pipe, but i think ill get this pipe cause i looks kool, the carb is better priced then the one i found in town so ill get it. also i sent in an order for my own slant head for the 80cc, i also odered an extra head gasket and cylinder bae gasket just in case. ill get pics when i have the bike all together. oh the pipe is $35 with S/H the carb $46 with S/H as well. my pipe was $40 and the carb this guy has in town is $50 without the filter so i though id go ahead and get these, might as well save as much money as i can. and some might know the head cost $23 so that a given. all in all $130 well spent if it gives me the perfomance im looking for.

Attachments

Last edited:

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
No I have the CE clutch set-up.
okay, well i read some people have had the same trouble with it, they said they had to change the clutch pin i think not sure, i dont have a CE clutch yet so i dont know what to tell yeah. i think i should get one and give it a try, but that will have to wait..bld.

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster, PA / Newark, DE
here's my clutch plate: I also noticed some adjustment issues. Previously my clutch would disengage fully at my current adjustment of the flower nut but now it grips more and will stall the engine at a stand still and will probably glaze the pads... One adjustment back of the flower nut causes the clutch to slip...
People attempting this mod shouldnt go to crazy with adding more holes than what is already shown in this thread b/c eventually there will not be enough surface area to grip to the clutch pads...

Attachments

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
yeah one one thing is not to go to crazy with the holes, and also not to make them too big, thats why i only made the holes one my clutch plate small, i think i used a 5/16 drill bit i think i cant remember, i found a small size drill bit and used it.

also i came across a pretty good deal today on a Internal geared hub. its only a 3speed but the price the guy gave me says its worth it, $30. it just the hub mind you, so i may have to get it lace into another rim for me for later after i get my shifting kit for my bike. until then im just going to stick wityh my 44tooth sprocket unless i get a small one, id like to get a 26tooth sprocket a like cruising at high speed and it would allow me to get around town faster, which would help out alot cause most of the people in my town have no patience at all, so the faster the better i think.

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
hey again, well this isnt about the clutch but about a pipe, i got it rigged up to go on and had it on for a test run and the hose i was using kinda burnt, i used the stock muffler pipe for the header and just shortened the pipe for the expansion chamber, so i was wondering what else to use, i know pablo uses silicon hosing but i dont know where to find it. oh another thing, the pipe i thought was $40 turned out to be $20, but they guy sold the $20 one, he also had a used one that was the same type it had a small hole near the silencer, but hey the price was right, he gave it to me for $5. thats right $5. ill get pics here shortly.

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
here's my clutch plate: I also noticed some adjustment issues. Previously my clutch would disengage fully at my current adjustment of the flower nut but now it grips more and will stall the engine at a stand still and will probably glaze the pads... One adjustment back of the flower nut causes the clutch to slip...
People attempting this mod shouldnt go to crazy with adding more holes than what is already shown in this thread b/c eventually there will not be enough surface area to grip to the clutch pads...
Your clutch plate looks rounded you might need to grind it flat with a file (hours) or a 2"die grinder to make it flat.