212 hf / schwinn delmar

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks skitchfish, same rims,same youtube video,LOL stock rims off a cranbrook,i cant understand why so many people hate those bikes they have a lot of great parts for a build. frames ive had were always good even when i mounted one engine by drilling through the frame great bike fo 79 bucks iwould have put a hf 212 in one,if it a fit well the front rims on the bike and it rollin good never even really trued it ill do that in better weather as for the rear ill be doin it on thursday i have no sprocket scince 1977 MOPEDS MESSED UP! getting one from treatland il take some pic for ya then.. i dont want to take the rear wheel off yet havin to much fun riding it. still running a little rich geuss its time to rejet again
preditor 212 $99 roadmaster frame $150 new boardtracker PRICELESS
dnut
GLENN

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
project for today! Im going to lace the rear lelue hub into a 24 inch rim. the sprocket came yesterday. super quick hats off to the people at treatland mopeds..heres the parts i have lelue drum hub, 45 tooth sprocket,and one you tube instruction video not shown. LOL i still have to run to ace to pick up the bolts to mount the sprocket ill show pic of laced rim later today..

glenndnut

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
mounted the rear rim today and was pleasantly suprised the chain line was still the same!! I had offset the drive sprocket to clear the three inch thick brick tires and that set up was good enough. now i still need levers and cables. one thing i do know about building a good bikes is it aint cheap!!
glenndnut

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i got my tires from motostranos they were 30 a piece cream colored thick brick... felt usa has a close out on antique white thick bricks for only 15 a piece but i dont know what they look like!! felt dont have the cream colored any more unless they are calling them antique white not sure good luck

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
just took the roadmaster for a ride testing the new brakes they stop great!! i put new cables and levers thing stops as good as my honda the levers are long so i can get great leverage thank god i dont have little hands or i couldnt even grab them.LOL heres the latest pic I LOVE THIS BIKE !!!!!
glenn dnut

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
well the roadmaster build is finally complete i installed a double legged kickstand the one i posted some where on this thread the rest of the work to be done is all paint! that will wait till warm weather. wish i could bring this thing out to cali and race at bairdcos event would be nice to meet up with the best of the best.
glenn

dnut

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Glenn, I really enjoyed following your build, and decided to use that same Roadmaster frame to install a 6hp Robin engine. Since you also used a Torq-Verter, the antenna mount/jackshaft idea will come in handy.

Thank you for sharing your build.

Myron

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks myron and steve for the kind remarks, i started this hobby about a year and a half ago and its been great!! i bought a 49cc grubee and scince that day i have been pushing for higher and higher speeds well with the hf 212 that has been achieved. with all the knowledge i have gained here i also know how to make this thing faster but its not a racing bike its the greatest mb i ever dreamed its for cruising not pissing off every cop in town.. when on my ht chinas it was always wot with the engine ready to explode trying to hit 40 the 212 cruises that with ease without beating itself to death.no need to go much faster then that the thing i love the most is how fast you get to top speed thing has so much torque you can climb a tree.
4 strokes all the way.wee.

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Glenn, you mentioned having a 10-tooth jackshaft sprocket.

What size is your rear wheel sprocket?

Does it feel like the correct gear ratios?

What rpms is your engine turning at say, 40 or 45mph?mph?

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
the bike is set up with a 45 tooth rear sprocket i really dont know about the rpms dont have a tach my guess is 4500