question about exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Not really for a few reasons, first there is a baffle in the muffler "chamber" section that will completely ruin the pressure waves and the header length is so long that even if the baffles were removed it would be tuned completely wrong. However a stock pipe, with the internal baffles removed and with the correct header length, would increase performance over a stock pipe but will not work nearly as well as a correctly designed expansion chamber.

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
thanks, i was just wondering cause i have a chopper bike build and i want to use a expansion pipe but im afraid after shelling out the cash for one i wont be able to get it inline with my frame like that poopoo pipe, i dont have anything to really bend and fab up an exhaust system and none of the expansion pipes look like theyll work on my occ chopper with out some modification

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
the poo poo muffler would not fit my bike, The front wheel would hit. I got he tuned exhaust from sick bike parts, That worked great, big difference.

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
you can go on ebay and typr in pocket bike expansion chamber there are alot of people that have thiese pipes i also have one and it works great i paid 39.99 for mine and i had to buy flex pipe from napa workin great sounds good and much faster i have some of the flex pipe left to sell cause you can only buy it in 25' lengths im runnin an sbp on my other bike and ii cant tell a difference between that pipe and the pocket bike pipe go to ebay and check them out