Ezip Slower on TAG & Motor quits helping at a lower speed on peddle assist

GoldenMotor.com

thcrw739

Apr 21, 2009
SLC, UT
Hi,

Wasnt sure to put this in trouble shooting or here since it's electric.

Anyway, I've only had my Ezip trialz bike for about 2 weeks, I have ridden it about 8-9 times

The other day i noticed that according to my speedo, & by feeling and remembering prior of when it cuts out helping on PAS, its doing it atleaset 3-4 miles an hour erlier.

Also the twist and go maxes at a lower speed as well on flats.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I don't have one of these so I can't help you but welcome to the forum. A couple of the guys do have them so maybe they will come along with some advice. I had one of those pas things on my hub motor but the wire broke so I never bothered to replace it. I just used the throttle to help me pedal just a little when I was trying to conserve power. I make mostly short trips so I usually ran it wide open.

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Every time i took off I made sure i had that PAS off. Is hard to tell because these on only a button with no light. I would turn on the bike and twist throttle, making sure not to pedal, if motor came on i knew the thing was off. if not i hit the button to turn it off.
I'm glad i got rid of that function after i fried my controller, I didn't replace it with Currie parts, be sure i dint have to have it hooked up.

If it wasn't so new I'd say the batt's have lost there punch. Let us know how it goes with the warranty we talked about in chat.

thcrw739

Apr 21, 2009
SLC, UT
Well i called up currie and they said it was normal, but i swear it seems slower.

I'll just get it to the bike shop and see how it performs after a good tune.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
thcrw make sure the disk is almost touching the trigger on the left pedal.The outer disk is press fitted on the crank,their are 3 washers that fit loosely on the shaft.Fold a dollar bill in half and use it as a gauge to set the space.If you ride on wet streets dry it a.s.a.p because it will corrode.I think currie calls it the PAS TRIGGER.HARLEYS DAD

Last edited:

thcrw739

Apr 21, 2009
SLC, UT
DOC ,

Not really sure what your talking about, but i'll re-read the post a few times, try to figure it out after i get it back from the bike shop next week

thanks

geeksquid

Feb 14, 2008
Hi,

Wasnt sure to put this in trouble shooting or here since it's electric.

Anyway, I've only had my Ezip trialz bike for about 2 weeks, I have ridden it about 8-9 times

The other day i noticed that according to my speedo, & by feeling and remembering prior of when it cuts out helping on PAS, its doing it atleaset 3-4 miles an hour erlier.

Also the twist and go maxes at a lower speed as well on flats.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
This is an old post and I assume you figured out the problem. Anyway, if you're talking about the black disk on the left pedal crank, it can easily adjust itself if your left foot accidentally rubs against it. This happens to me all the time. I've learned which position to set it back on if this happens or I just consciously try to avoid hitting it. It's purpose is to force you to pedal assist before the motor will kick in. If it's kicking in 3-4 mph earlier as you said, it's probably the setting of the disk. It can be set to different levels. I never learned them because I don't use them. I either pedal or I don't.