Illinois Riders

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
anyone in Illinois interested to have a get together? maybe a central location such as Springfield in the summer or fall.

r.ly. .crt. .we. .mbv.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
fellow illinites
seems to me if we do go "legal" on 8/5/09 we should have some sort of rally ...
chestnut il is the geographic center of the state. and if I remember right they had a whizzer rally there in the 70s but not 100% on the details.
my guess is that a good campground would be the way to go, and some where with good back roads to roll a tour on
I'll be happy to work with anybody that want's to give it a shot, let me know

usflg

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
talked to a couple of campgrounds mid state...some what hard to explain what were after, one lady ask me if we were like the "hells angles" an man did i laugh. seems like most of the places with group sites want a lot of cash($250-600) for 30 person area. there is some "free" camping to be had but no toilets . always hard to peg a head count when it's the first year of anything. so no good plan as of now but i'm still kicking it around.
p.s. if you know of any body that has some farm property that might be the way to go?

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Attn. Rally is going to be moved one day to Sept 27th instead! some riders have to work on Sat. so Sunday it will be. were expecting alot of riders just from Decatur alone! hope for a great turnout ,come ride with us to lincoln trails. PM me if interested.

REG1951

Jun 26, 2009
centralia,illinois
hEY THERE! AM AT CENTRALIA..i WOULD LOVE TO GET TOGETHER FOR A RALLY..THERE ARE THREE OF US IN THIS AREA...WE GET TOGETHER ONCE A WEEK...ITS ALOT OF FUN TO HAVE SOMEONE TO RIDE WITH...THERE ARE A LOT OF GREAT ROADS IN THIS AREA AND STATE PARKS WITH LOW CAMPING FEES....BUT LET ME KNOW MORE ABOUT YOUR PLANS ...ITS GREAT TO HEAR FROM ILLINI RIDERS !!!

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
well last i heard we have a couple of boomers and 3 or 4 sdogs coming out.
sorry not to post in a while had to work a roof job and it was horrible ! i'm not 20 anymore.
thers a great photo in the history of schwinn book showing a group of riders at the dectaur train station back in the 30-40? would make a good back drop for some tee's or flyer or ? just one month to go...

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
good to hear from the IL riders. Iam planning to do at least a 10-20 mile ride oneway and then stop for a cool one somewhere. the exact route has not yet been Identified but it will be before the 27th of Sept at 1 pm and I will keep IL riders up to date on this.
This is gonna be real fun to get 20-40 riders going down the road! were planning to get out of the city and into the country so we can really do some riding. hope to see all IL riders there. So everyone that wants to ride ,get your machine ready ,pack all your stuff for a long ride , and all your gear and lets go ride! here is a map from yahoo to show location.Fairview Park, Decatur, IL : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Sept. 27th @ 1:00pm - 20-30 riders expected with maybe more on the way! hope to have a good turnout! hope all riders near and far can join!

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
wait, that didnt work like I wanted it to! from Fairview park to Lincoln trails is about 10 miles then back on another route , 15 miles back to Fairview.