My finished chopper!

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
If you want a challenging project ...do an OCC STINGRAY.If I had a nickel for everytime I loosened and tightented the bolts on the mount I would have been rich in the first hour!(LOL) Anyways, it was worth every minute. Thanks to DAX for the kit and Barry (ebay) for the mount.I just ordered my custom exhaust from barry this morning.I used the stock sprocket and it isn't very fast,but all I have to do is roll it off with my foot and let the clutch out and away my big azz goes.This is not a bike that I need to go fast ...just cruise around and let everyone stare.Anyways, maybe later I will put the three speed hub wheel on it. I wish someone had a jackshaft for these bikes so I could incorporate that 3 speed.That would be awsome to reach back and change gears.Here are some pictures with the factory exhaust and the tank is getting a custom paint job.

Attachments

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Hello,
I have built several diy electric bikes. Once I started running the drive thru gears both 3 speed and also standard deruiller. It is absolutly the onlyway to fly! I am embarking on my first china gurl bike.
I is also a occ but with the three wheel bub. I will use a jackshaft, purchased or fabricated. I am new to this but have built machines all of my adult life. I am now a very healthy 65 yrs young. I do this for the enjoyment and challange. Built my e-bikes upon returning from China (work). Didn't know that this board existed until a month ago, God I enjoy it. I haven't started my bike yet, the motor 80/66cc and 3 spd occ are being shipped now. I really can't wait! Yours and other pic's have already saved me time. I like the chopper motor, but I think I can fabricate one simpler and as good. I will learn how to post pic's and show my progress to stimulate ideas and debate. Once again thanks for your photos and info

Russell

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I attempted to preview my message but system locked up. Of course I ment three speed hub!

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Do you intend to use an internal 3-speed such as a Sturmy-Archer? I have heard that they do not hold up well under the stresses of being motorized.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I do not expect any problems. Of course if I exceed it's design, acceleration and extended hi speed load. Something has to give! Hopfully I won't be far from home!

I have never made a mistake, once I thought I did but I was wrong.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Toker,
You know that your chopper is begging for a custom or purchased exhaust system. Seat arrangement looks good! Is there a fork supennsion available for these choppers?

Russ

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hey Guys, Welcome. I Also Was Surprised To Find The Forum By Accident Last Year. I Have 3 Choppers, I Looked At Them The Other Day. They All Have A Screw On Free Wheel Sprocket On The Rite Side Of Rear Wheel. It Is A Rite Hand Thread 1 3/8" 24 Tpi Thread. You Can Screw Them Off And Screw On Any Standard Shifter Pedal Bike Cassette. I Did Not Check It Out For Spacing. You Can Then Bolt On The Standard Sbp Shift Kit. The Seat Tube Is Not Needed. Have You Watched Sbp Shifter Video? I Bought An Early Sbp Kit Last Yr. Have Not Mounted It Yet. It Is A Good Buy. When You Start To Price The Pcs You Will See That. The Have Also Made Some Good Improvements. When You Put A Cassette On The Rear It Is A Free Wheel. Year Nice Option. It Will Not Change The Pedal Start As Your Pedals Do That. I Am Not Connected To Sbp. But They Are Great. You Will Never Regret The Shifter Kit. You Also Have Options By Different Crank Sprockets.. I Built A Diy Cvt Belt Drive Free Wheel. Rear Rack Mount. That Auto Trans (variable Ratio) Is The Cats Meow!! As Is The Shifter Setup. ONCE YOU HAVE GEARS YOU WILL NOT GO BACK. Ron

Last edited: