CDI's and Plug Wires

GoldenMotor.com

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
I just can't find answers to these questions after 30 minutes of searching on two different forums!

First -- I remember someone saying that you can buy a CDI from an autoparts store and those will be much better than the stock Chinese ones. What specific name/type of CDI would you be looking for?

I read here that I should replace the Spark Plug and Plug wire: and a few moments of research later this should be perfect http://www.ebay.com/itm/23082356562...=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1202 ... correct?
The only "high quality" plug qire that I seem to be able to find is the one off SBP http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ducts_id=39&osCsid=rdp4rvesmk94pq37f789llpot5 is that worth getting over the stock?

Also, what is HT?
:oops:

Haughnph

Nov 6, 2011
El Paso
Well first off HT is HAPPYTIME or CHINA GIRL its what these 49cc to 80cc 2strokes are called grubee starfire plent names 2 that just say what you are looking at. Adverse to brand name. As far as the CDI look up Performance 2 stroke CDI you can find them for around ten bucks. Get a morocycle coil pack and hook it up. But if you want the one specially built for the China Girl its called a Jaguar CDI and runs about $100. Hope this helps you out.

martinjstn

Jul 6, 2012
MD
how are you supposed to get the wire out of the sealed cdi? idk if they are all sealed or not.. im about to replace my plug and cap, but if i can do the wire.. might as well

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
Well first off HT is HAPPYTIME or CHINA GIRL its what these 49cc to 80cc 2strokes are called grubee starfire plent names 2 that just say what you are looking at. Adverse to brand name. As far as the CDI look up Performance 2 stroke CDI you can find them for around ten bucks. Get a morocycle coil pack and hook it up. But if you want the one specially built for the China Girl its called a Jaguar CDI and runs about $100. Hope this helps you out.
Hey, thanks for the reply -- I think I'll go for a good $10-20 CDI (they usually come with the plug wire right?)
So, with some googling I ended up with this Performance Racing CDI 50cc 110cc 125cc Dirt Bike ATV Scooter Moped 2-Stroke But, don't the CDI's we use usually have only the blue and black wire along with the plug wire?

Also haha (noob question alert) what exactly are motorcycle coil packs?

goofyfoot2001

Aug 16, 2012
South Carolina
I can't see any reason why it wouldn't. Messaged the guy that sells them. He doesn't live far from me apparently and let him know that if he could provide instruction, he might sell a whop load of them things.