Atomic BB Low Rider

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice. The new camera view is much better than helmet cam perspective. I'd like to see your mount. I experimented with one with a similiar view but it wasn't rigid enough and shook. Yours seems rock solid. I did have some success with the camera strapped to my knee. Much smoother and gave a good view of the front wheel and fork. I like yours better. The fisheye lens also gives the vid a different feel.
Thanks for sharing.

Tom

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Nice. The new camera view is much better than helmet cam perspective. I'd like to see your mount. I experimented with one with a similiar view but it wasn't rigid enough and shook. Yours seems rock solid. I did have some success with the camera strapped to my knee. Much smoother and gave a good view of the front wheel and fork. I like yours better. The fisheye lens also gives the vid a different feel.
Thanks for sharing.

Tom
Great vid BN !

I gotta try that!

What camera are you using?
Do you like it?

Best
rc
This video was made with a GoPro HD video camera. It's one of the better sports cameras.

Tom, the mount is merely a stick that was the handle on my wife's car wash brush. The GoPro camera has a handle bar mount that easily clamps to any round bar. This particular handle is a hollow aluminum two piece affair, and telescopes from 2' out to about 4'. It locks with a twist. It's held in place on the rear rack with 2 hose clamps. I used some clear vinyl tubing to protect the paint on the rack from the hose clamps.

I like this view pretty good, but I think next time I'll get a little farther out so we can see more of the front wheel, and less of the bunkus can lol.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks. I might have to 'borrow' my wife's ice scraper. It has an extendable handle like yours. Hey, she won't be needing it for a while. At least until next winter.

I'll give it a try and post a vid.

Tom

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Great camera placement! (^) (I hate those videos where all you see is the road flying at you with out seeing any of the bike).

How do you like the 'squirly' feel of those forks?? (They take some getting used to). ;)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Great camera placement! (^) (I hate those videos where all you see is the road flying at you with out seeing any of the bike).

How do you like the 'squirly' feel of those forks?? (They take some getting used to). ;)
Thanks. This is one of the better camera angles I've tried. I like seeing the bike when it's being ridden, too.

As far a the forks, when I first put them on last week, I thought it handled so bad, I was considering the possibility I'd have to get rid of them lol. Now after a week, I'm thinking they're not too bad, and what they give up in precise handling, they more than make up for with good looks, and soft ride.

The biggest problem now is that the front half looks so cool, the back half needs a total make over.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
your bikes are sick man. im a fan of both the atomic BB and the caddy. the camera angle was sweet too nice to see more than the road \m/
Thanks man, I'm really diggin the the atomic bb being low. I've got it up on my lift now waiting for some parts to help the rear look as good as the front.