Design Logic Bikes 2012 East coast race date

GoldenMotor.com

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
It was a real nice time and it's a great place for a gathering of motorbike wingnuts! Lance has really developed what appears to be a rather "bullet proof" bike. Mostly American made, quiet, and simple in design and from what he told us very reliable. The guy knows what he's doing and is a nice fella to boot. Silverbear and I were glad we went and had the opportunity to meet Lance and "Slowbalt". I hope to have a pick up shortly so I can take my bike and run it around the track.
Dan

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Slowbalt drove all the way from Rhode Island and while checking out his bike blew the engine before getting an opportunity to hit the track. What a bummer. He can explain better than I can what happened, but in a nutshell it ate the ring and locked up. No racing for Slowalt.

SB
That about sums it up.
I always recommend a specific china girl to everyone I talk to.
On this occasion I went against my own recommendation. I bought the cheapest engine only sale off eBay i could find, Since i had everything else already. I paid the price for ignoring my own advice.
I already ordered another kit and will defiantly try to make the next race.

Also it was nice to meet every one. Sorry if i wasn't in the best mood at the time. It was the perfect storm of bad luck from the traffic all the way down to the engine chewing up a ring less than 15 mins after my arrival.:-||

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That about sums it up.
I always recommend a specific china girl to everyone I talk to.
On this occasion I went against my own recommendation. I bought the cheapest engine only sale off eBay i could find, Since i had everything else already. I paid the price for ignoring my own advice.
I already ordered another kit and will defiantly try to make the next race.

Also it was nice to meet every one. Sorry if i wasn't in the best mood at the time. It was the perfect storm of bad luck from the traffic all the way down to the engine chewing up a ring less than 15 mins after my arrival.:-||
Sorry to hear of your misfortune today......ever consider going 4-stroke?

Just a thought.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Sorry to hear of your misfortune today......ever consider going 4-stroke?

Just a thought.
Yes i have. It's just a mater of time, money and a limited work space.
I have had grate luck with the x-80 china girls in the past and have only strayed twice. And both time it ended with catastrophic ring failure.

My board track build has over 3000mi on it between 35 to 40 mph with no problems. I should have just brought that bike.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm sorry I didn't make it. I had a belt test at Karate & only got finished at 4:10 PM. I'd have had to wait 6 months to test again.
Jay

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
Thanks you guys for showing up and your support, I wish Slowbalt could ride for all the driving effort he put in, and look forward to seeing Silverbear and Tinsmith bring their bikes next time.

The next rally/race event date will be Saturday May 26 2012

get your bikes ready!!

Hope to see you guys again soon and again thanks for all of the support.

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Thanks you guys for showing up and your support, I wish Slowbalt could ride for all the driving effort he put in, and look forward to seeing Silverbear and Tinsmith bring their bikes next time.

The next rally/race event date will be Saturday May 26 2012

get your bikes ready!!

Hope to see you guys again soon and again thanks for all of the support.
aaah!! Bonnie & I are going to a big rally in Dawson Springs, Kentucky that weekend!! :(

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Hey Lance, Just a thought. You might want to start a new thread with the new confirmed date. People that have already looked at this thread might not bother to check it again and see the new date.