Does the white wire harm the magneto?

GoldenMotor.com

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
If you use the white wire all the time, are you harming your magneto? If not, I can build a circuit to charge a 6 volt battery whenever the engine is running. Possibly even sell a kit sort of thing for the community if they want one or explain how to do it if you want to make it yourself. But let's not get hasty now. I just figure that since I have an affinity for circuits/electrical engineering, this would be a good way for me to add to the electrical side of things for the bikes.

Anyway, task at hand. can the white wire burn out the magneto if used to much? Im not familiar with magnetos and what damages them. Like shorting it people say just stops spark. typically shorting something causes "infinite" current to pass and melts wires and components in a jiffy. sounds to not be the case with these

My idea is with a 6 volt battery. A 12 volt battery would work but is more difficult to step up the voltage and in doing so charging will be much slower. I think I saw someone talk about doing it though, somethin about dirt bikes and a trickle charge device.

Last edited: