front and rear lights

GoldenMotor.com

floatingphotog

Oct 9, 2009
Kewanee, Il
Hi folks. Never posted here b4, but I'm really happy with my light set up. It consists of using a 6 volt farm tractor utility lite mounted to the stem, a schwinn red rear lite from an old generator setup, a toggle switch, a project box, a 7.2 volt rc car rechargable battery and charger. I soddered on a ground wire to run to the bike frame and a hot wire to the switch. Put it all in the project box and mounted it to the bike. This setup is as bright as a motercycle. I just plug my bike to the charger after riding.
Terry

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I wonder if you could use the old school ." you know the generator light that dims as you slow down " to charge your 7.2 as your rode your bike doing away with the dim as you slow and bright as you speed. Battery would act as a voltage regulator . You would constantly be charging your 7.2 volt batt hence providing a steady light power source. Someone must have tried this, what would you need... at least 7.2 output right?

floatingphotog

Oct 9, 2009
Kewanee, Il
I thought about that, but a ni-cad needs to be cycled. In fact if I use the light for a short time, I sometimes leave the light on after riding then recharge after the battery goes dead. Doing this cycles the battery.
Terry