I got my first Ticket!!

GoldenMotor.com

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i can't account for any other state. in florida both feet need to be on the ground to count as a stop.
i had a motorcycle cop trick me so he could ticket me.
i was pulling up to a stop sign but didn't stop yet because i wasn't at the sign yet.
he waived me over. so i made what i thought was a stop.
i drive over to him & then he ticketed me for only putting one foot down.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
There is an old joke I remember.

Police officer pulls a driver over for running through the stop sign. Driver is like OK I ran it but I was going slow and looked both ways I always do this and I have never had an accident... Officer gives the driver a ticket. Very next day same driver same stop sign driver slows down looks both ways gets another ticket.... A some what mad argument ensues. Driver just does not agree says he thinks he is not endangering anybody.. Officer patiently explains that this is simply not a safe practice and ''why'' that plainly to stop at the sign.

Officer issues another citation....Now day three comes and the officer is plain out right bewildered by now same darn driver does it again!

So by now its a heated argument words are exchanged and its out of control. Officer finally gets out his night stick and proceeds to hit the driver on his head with it repeatedly saying now do you want me to slow down with this or stop!

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
There is an old joke I remember.

Police officer pulls a driver over for running through the stop sign. Driver is like OK I ran it but I was going slow and looked both ways I always do this and I have never had an accident... Officer gives the driver a ticket. Very next day same driver same stop sign driver slows down looks both ways gets another ticket.... A some what mad argument ensues. Driver just does not agree says he thinks he is not endangering anybody.. Officer patiently explains that this is simply not a safe practice and ''why'' that plainly to stop at the sign.

Officer issues another citation....Now day three comes and the officer is plain out right bewildered by now same darn driver does it again!

So by now its a heated argument words are exchanged and its out of control. Officer finally gets out his night stick and proceeds to hit the driver on his head with it repeatedly saying now do you want me to slow down with this or stop!
At least, slow down.....rotfl

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Lucky for me they don't have night sticks here, just tasers(^) Yes getting shocked hurts but it hurts so good. :p

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
It's one thing for some spandex gangster to roll through a stop sign. It's quite another for one of us MaBers to do it. Easier for us to accelerate.

I've been pulled over for not stopping on both types of bikes. Now, I just stop - and long enough to put a leg down. Even if no one is near.

If you get a ticket for not stopping, you deserve it. Act like they're always watching. Hey, revenuers gotta eat too rotfl

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
If one thing is for certain, yes he gave a ticket but he's still letting my bike be on the road when its 16cc over the limit so I can't degrade the guy that much. He said in his opinion its not that big of a difference for him to worry about just keep under 31 in town. So yah I don't agree with the law in certain things but hey atleast there's still some cops with a some slack. Moral of the story. The chief here is still a good guy and LESSON LEARNED ;)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
If one thing is for certain, yes he gave a ticket but he's still letting my bike be on the road when its 16cc over the limit so I can't degrade the guy that much. He said in his opinion its not that big of a difference for him to worry about just keep under 31 in town. So yah I don't agree with the law in certain things but hey atleast there's still some cops with a some slack. Moral of the story. The chief here is still a good guy and LESSON LEARNED ;)
A bit off topic I know but.............is that a grizzly dog in your avatar?

dnut

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Does both feet on the ground apply to cagers? That seems not right, you can still be moving and have both feet on the ground what does that prove.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
No I don't have the sticker on and the cop asked me what the size it was and I'm not gonna lie so I told him 66cc he said ok then told me to ride it like its a 50cc just so I dont have to get it registered. And the avatar is a stuffed brown wolf that I took a picture of at cabelas. Exotic place to take pictures of animals I know lol. :p I really should take a picture of my pet great pyranese saint brenard mix. And the both feet on the ground is retarded, theres guys that I've seen in portland, they'll ride up to a stop sign and balance there for really minutes at a time without taking there feet off the pedals and be at a complete stop. So how can they tell if you've stopped completely or not, bottom line, they can't unless they are right next to you.

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Does both feet on the ground apply to cagers? That seems not right, you can still be moving and have both feet on the ground what does that prove.
Hmmm...I think I better take a new look at applicable Indiana Motor Vehicle Laws. I need to find out if I ought to be putting both feet down. I never dreamed it could make a difference.

Much of the time, whether on pedal bike or MB, I never even put ONE foot down. Most of the intersections I stop at have a telephone pole, street sign, or some other kind of post. I would leave the left hand on the clutch (well, not with a pedal bike obviously) and put out my right hand and lean on the post, with both feet on pedals ready to push off. Now, that said, my old MB and my new one both have bright brake lights. If that doesn't say "I'm Stopped!" then I'm not sure what else to do (outside of putting down my feet).

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
a california roll can be done with one foot. i have done it a million times on motor cycles. doing it with 2 feet looks too embarrassing to try & pull off.
i'm kidding & serious.
if it doesn't apply to your state, great!

now asking if a bike, motorcycle or scooter law applies to a cager is self explanatory & i hope a rhetorical question.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
No I don't have the sticker on and the cop asked me what the size it was and I'm not gonna lie so I told him 66cc he said ok then told me to ride it like its a 50cc just so I dont have to get it registered.
admirable.
people that realy know me as a person. not just an acquaintance know i have a thing about not lying. they know to ask me a direct question & not let me circle around their question. i will lie to any one i would call "the man". (job or police). but 99 % i don't need to lie to them i circle the question.

they forget they ask me for proof of insurance for riding a motorcycle w/o a helmet or a motorcycle license.
i have been riding for over a decade been asked twice out the 20times i have been stopped. i never gave them an answer & i circle around the answer. they never ask again or ticket me.
it probably hits them after they drive away. lol
i have been pulled over on my vespa . racing a jag doing 75mph with a tag a year & a half out of date. (6 months over is a federal offense in florida) then told to have a great day with no tickets. ( i know that makes me a hypocrite)

i get out of a ton of tickets by acting like i want to chit chat with them with no where to go or nothing to do.
don't expect to get out of any tickets if there are several motorcycle cops lined up @ a speed trap. they don't want to lose "man points" lol

Last edited: