Good street tire for a 29er???

GoldenMotor.com

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I've got a motorized 29er mountain bike so of course the knobby tires it came with I dont expect to last long on the pavement, where the bike spends most of its time. Does anyone have any recomendations for a good replacement tire that is suited for street use?
Also am I correct that a 700c 38 will fit a wheel for a 29er? All I've read says yes. Any experience?

All I've been able to find so far for tires is on ebay from bikeman4u. About 60 for a pair with tubes and rim liners.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
38s will be a bit too narrow in my opinion....look into schwalbe they have some nice 29er tires...basically comes down to this...you have a iso of 622....any trie with a 622 iso will workwith a road rim...anything over 38c will fit a niner rim...the niner rims are just wide....700c is the typical road size and share the iso measurement of 622....make sense?

also look into these tires...probably a little cheaper then the schwalbes

kenda kahn
kenda komfort...both come in wider variety's for the niners and are sold under the sunlite name too.....happy hunting

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
I have continental tourride 1.65 on my genisus 29er rims. ive rode all summer with no flats - they have punture protection and they still have about half the tread left. I got them from my local bike shop but they did have to order them.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Thanks for all the tire sugestions guys. I just might go with a 700c 38 commuter type tire- I spend 99% of the time on the road so a low rolling resistance tire would work well. I've motorized a couple commuter bikes and I think thats the tires size they used and they all rode very nicely. Gonna take some time surfing though for sure to find the right tire!