Brake install

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Another followup on the other blog, I could grind down the bolt area front and back but hate that too for strength or maybe remove one of the "L" front fender brackets say the rear one using only the front??????? Horror stories here too. I am not sure the bolt will go through and stick out the rear with the fenders off. Is the Cranny fork a little thicker than the norm? Last route is disk but that means new hub or at least a wheel....... More extremes. I have a mountain bike with a disk but the rim looks entirely different. Ok enough. G

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
I just installed a side pull brake on my wife's Cranny. The kit I got had a longer bolt and I just had to swap them out. However the bolt in my kit was just a 1/4 x 20 threads x 2 1/2 inches long. I dont think it matters what bolt you use as long as it fits through the brake caliper and fork.

John

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Agree with you John however my kit the bolt seems to be pressed into the caliper. If I could get it out, no problem with a longer bolt. I was just wondering if anyone else had been faced with this little problem. If I can force that bolt out without destroying the caliper, I will. If not I'll use it on the rear and put a drum or disk on the front. I do have a mountain bike I could possibly swap the fork out with but 1 heck of a job and 2 wanted to keep the cruiser look, fenders and all.