Time to take a stand! Please sign petition!

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
We need to push to make these called motorized bicycles. That they don't need a dl. They don't need to be registered. We should be allowed to ride in the bike lane. The speedlimit should be 20mph. That is what we should push for. Trying to get it so we can register it is just going to make it worse. They already are classified as mopeds and need a dl to drive these. That isn't the way to go.

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
I am going to redo the petition because this one isnt good enough. I need suggestions on how do do this so it will get signatures very quickly and alot of them

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
We need to push to make these called motorized bicycles.
MAB...Motor Assisted Bicycles IMHO

Good luck guys; Remember here in Tucson MAB's were illegal. I rode for 2 years outlaw until with the help of Roland Bosma (Spooky Tooth Cycles) and our State Rep Tom Prezelski we all came together to change the law. It can be done!

.flg.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
I've tried to sign the petition, it won't let me!!! I'll try again in a few hours.

EDIT: Nevermind.. I got it to work

Last edited:

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
MAB...Motor Assisted Bicycles IMHO

Good luck guys; Remember here in Tucson MAB's were illegal. I rode for 2 years outlaw until with the help of Roland Bosma (Spooky Tooth Cycles) and our State Rep Tom Prezelski we all came together to change the law. It can be done!

.flg.
They are legal in Florida.

And batteries are almost free. We throw li ion batteries away in huge amounts in Florida because so few people know how to power bicycles with them and they work great ! :)

People are using cheap low tech gas motors from China because they don't have the know how to do any different !

That or to make some kind of political statement on the road ?

I have owned both gas and electric, many ones.

Electric is way more fun and cheaper once you figure it out ! :)

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Signed with a comment.....

I’m an Alabama resident. Here in Alabama, a motorized bicycle of 150cc or less is legal to operate on the public thoroughfares, just like any bicycle. No registration, no license, no tag, no insurance is needed. We do have a helmet law, minimum age of 15, and at night need lights. Whatever it takes to become legal, this issue needs to be addressed. I’m 64, have an operator’s license and I don’t ride faster then a bicycle. Although bicycles are not limited to speed other then the posted speeds limit.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
Petitions for political action must be well thought out and well written by someone with a basic understanding of how laws get passed, and should not include links that are counter productive to one's cause.

What I read is barely coherent and takes us to links that say the opposite of what the petition is trying to prove.

Either try to classify these as motor assisted bicycles requiring no license or make an attempt to ease or codify the requirement for getting a homebuild moped registered

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
Petitions for political action must be well thought out and well written by someone with a basic understanding of how laws get passed, and should not include links that are counter productive to one's cause.

What I read is barely coherent and takes us to links that say the opposite of what the petition is trying to prove.

Either try to classify these as motor assisted bicycles requiring no license or make an attempt to ease or codify the requirement for getting a homebuild moped registered
agree.
in fact this is what i have been trying to say.

i want to be able to classify it as a moped.
i have the papers from the tax collector myself.
currently there is not a path to get a home made moped registered.

i think this is a tie in to what the tax lady told me.
that some mopeds & scooters that have been prev. registered are not able to change owners & reregister.
something about safety laws have changed.
that might be the devil to our recent problems of the laws changing.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Last edited: