Country Road Cruise 5/29/2011

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Really pretty road - nice vid Map.
Yeah it's OK, I just gotta get a better video camera, I can stand the low quality of the vids I get with my ell phone, if I were to ride real slow it would be better but that isn't very fun so I just ride like I normally do and hope for the best when I'm done.

Thanks DTG

Peace

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
map, the scenery where you're riding looks like where i'm riding mostly...
sure that you're not riding between Wasbek and Aukrug ? laff

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Map

my arm got tired thinking of you holding the camera for so long. You made a nice vid. Is the camera on the back side of unit and you can see what your filming?

I modified a camera mount for my full face helmet and it also picks up my voice very well. The handle bar mount picked up all the motor noise and can only film what is in front.

For a while i thought you had the longest driveway in the world!! Lol
also worried that you might hit a deer or cow eating the hay lying in the road way.

Ron

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
map, the scenery where you're riding looks like where i'm riding mostly...
sure that you're not riding between Wasbek and Aukrug ? laff
No that is all taken on the back road just about 4 miles from my home, everything between my house and where I made that vid is fairly rough dirt road, a bit harder to ride on one handed.

Just a typical paved county road here in central Texas, we have 1000's of miles of back roads just like that one and many of them are much much pretty scenery, my cell phone camera doesn't do all I saw that day justice at all, there are some nice Texas wild flowers out in some areas right now but my cell camera doesnt get the details good at all at that rate of speed, I bought one of those vid cams on ebay last night like the one that scotto talked about in his last video, the ATC2K.....now maybe I can do the vids and they will be much better quality.

Never been to germany but if it's anything like Texas it's bound to be a darn good place..........!

Happy Trails fellow MB-er

Peace

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Man that is nice. It is peaceful not dodging cars and traffic.(^)
Yes that is one of the great things about living out in the country in such a large state like Texas.........lots of room to rome and sometimes I can go for miles & miles and never see a soul.......just me & the bugs & the birds & the deer & live stock ( cows, goats, sheep, horses, donkeys,) rattle snakes, Armadillo's, wild turkey, turtles, Fox, bobcats, wild hogs, chapparel(Road Runners) lizards...and so on.......

When I do pass by some of the country folk they alway just grin real big and wave.....I never stop I just wave back and keep on going, by now I think they know it's the crazy country boy on that crazy bike with a engines on it.....

One old guy is always sitting in his old 1949 Ford pickup out under a tree in his front yard and his old dog is always either laying by the front tire or is sitting in the back of the truck when I go by, dont even know the fella's name but he is always waving when I go by and that old dog just raises up and watches as a pass.
I call him the old guy that drives that old Ford pick up and I guess he calls me that crazy guy on that bike with a motor on it if I was to guess......

Yep, aint nothing like living in the country........

Peace

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Map

my arm got tired thinking of you holding the camera for so long. You made a nice vid. Is the camera on the back side of unit and you can see what your filming?

I modified a camera mount for my full face helmet and it also picks up my voice very well. The handle bar mount picked up all the motor noise and can only film what is in front.

For a while i thought you had the longest driveway in the world!! Lol
also worried that you might hit a deer or cow eating the hay lying in the road way.

Ron
You really made me laugh on this one, my wife and both got a good laugh about the longest drive way part..........LOL

I just held my cell phone and filmed that ride, it gets a little bit scary now and then riding close to 40MPH with just one hand, especially when I hit some of those big bumps in the road, that is what soem of the sudden shaking is in the vid, and I was taking those curves at aroun 25mph most of the time one handed also, I was hoping that an old truck wouldn't come around one of those corners at about 40MPH on my side of the road....that would get real ugly real quick............!

my camera arm isnt the one that gets tired actually, it is the one doing the driving that starts getting ab it tired, that arm and hand stays pretty tense most of the time trying to keep me from going down and chewing on the asphalt........that right hand pretty much has a death grip the whole time...

Like I said in one of the other replies, I did have the winning bid last night on one of those ATC2K cameras, so when I get it I hope I can make some much better vids to post, many times I ride by live stock and have had several very nice deer run across the road in front of me and they dont even show up on the vids, cell camera is just not good when it is moving that fast and the best quality is does is 320x240 MP4 so it isnt very high quality to start with, if the new cam does a good job like I'm hoping then maybe I can get some much better quality vids shot, and then maybe some of the better details of what I'm seeing on the ride can be seen by and enjoyed by others also, thats my whole idea for doing the vids, I just want to share my experiences on the rides with others because I know how much I enjoy watching someone elses vids from a place I've never been and may never get to go.....

Peace, and thanks for the compliment on the vid even though it really isnt that good IMHO....

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Watch out for snakes :)
Tom
Always........but if I happen to have Mawdean with me they better watch out for her.........LOL!

Oh did I mention Mawdean is an old 12ga. I have that has a 30" barrel on it that realy like to reach out and touch something........LOL!

I'll pull a Mad max on them suckers if need be......

LOL LOL LOL!

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
you know, its funny, I also live out in the middle of no where, on most of my rides, there are no cars at all for miles, but from time to time I take my bike into the city to ride and I love it, the people, dodging cars, being stopped every 10 seconds to talk about my bike, id take that over my country roads anyday,lol, to each his own I guess..shft.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
you know, its funny, I also live out in the middle of no where, on most of my rides, there are no cars at all for miles, but from time to time I take my bike into the city to ride and I love it, the people, dodging cars, being stopped every 10 seconds to talk about my bike, id take that over my country roads anyday,lol, to each his own I guess..shft.
Yep to each there own, I live in the country to get away from people, if I wanted to be bothered all the time it would be very easy to just live in the city in the middle of all the crime and the crazies.....

we have crime and crazies everywhere but not much in the country here in Texas....everyone knows thats a good way to get your backside blown off.....

Our law here says that if someone is on our property and we feel threatened we still have the right to shoot and ask questions later, no one here wants to do that but it happens and is normally warranted by the shooter.

dont get me wrong I'll talk to soemone about my bike but I dont like to be bothered, I'm always on a mission when I'm out & about so I dont have time for much chit chat.....I got things to do and places to go.....!

Peace