Mad science intake idea

GoldenMotor.com

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
So my ported modded motor makes good power at the top end, but has no punch. Needs reeds. And I just picked up a walbro 548 carb to play around with, and had a funny idea.

minarelli V1L athena carbon reed block
Make up a reed box to house this guy just poking a bit into the happytime's hogged out intake port, and build a manifold to mount not one, but TWO of These guys NEW Walbro Carburetor WT548 WT-548 548 14cc 46cc 50cc | eBay on either side of the manifold block. High flow, redundancy, and reed power.

What do you think, huh? Could even make the manifold out of delrin or something.

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
reed are good but you have to drill out the piston to open the intake port and that will make your crank case Valium bigger so keep your reed and housing as tight to intake port as you can-----HERE'S THE TRICK!!! you must drill a power port, remove the calender head bring the piston to expose the vary top of the transfer ports using the piston as a guide mark a line with a felt marker opposite the exhaust port lower the piston drill a 3/16 port at the line you made it an angle that would point at your spark plug stop drilling when you enter the intake runner HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
not so much a block as a group of plates like a sandwich-and you have to make it for your self I cut the reeds out of a moped manifold some have used chain saw reeds ARE GOOD WITH MOTORS AND TOOLS???