Denver area ride II

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Do you know the total length you need?
Tom
I don't know the exact length without taking the existing chain off. I can check tomorrow and let you know a more exact link amount. Thanks !

Otherwise, I'll bring a chain breaker...

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
My friends magneto just went out, does any body have an extra working one that you can bring ? I'm trying Dax but he hasn't answered since this morning. Please let me know, otherwise I'll be a lone rider for this one.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Andy, I'm a pretty fair mechanic but I don't mess with garage door springs. I saw a 5/8" winding tool embedded in a concrete floor one time and I've never screwed around with them since. For a few dollars let a garage door mechanic change the spring. They're nothing to play with; potentially lethal :( Some things are better left to the people who do it for a living.
Tom

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
VOIP has been up and down all day. Seems ok for now. I would throw a GT50 motor together from spare parts and ride except I have no more Carbs. Sold all my RT carbs.. Sold the last one to Tom.. So.. I am stuck with no carb. I will try a NT carb on a GT50 and see if it works out. I have plenty of those carbs. This should be intresting... If I can get one to work, and work permitting, I will be there...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
VOIP has been up and down all day. Seems ok for now. I would throw a GT50 motor together from spare parts and ride except I have no more Carbs. Sold all my RT carbs.. Sold the last one to Tom.. So.. I am stuck with no carb. I will try a NT carb on a GT50 and see if it works out. I have plenty of those carbs. This should be intresting... If I can get one to work, and work permitting, I will be there...
You can have that carb but you'll have to pay me for the polish job I did on it. I haven't installed it yet but I did do a re-jet and it's ready (and pretty). Let me know. :)
Tom

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Thanks Tom.. I found 2 old 13mm Cagllari carbs. I should be able to get one going from the Two.. Thanks for the Offer on that 15mm RT. Sounds tempting.. But.. I think I will be able to get er going with these old 13's. I think now my problem will be getting away from work long enough to ride.. I will try to wrap up everything I can tomorrow and see.. I have got in on the tail end of this thread and Denver II ride.. Is the meet the same time same place as Denver Ride 1 ?

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yep, same time, same place. Berkley Park Rec Center, next door to Lakeside Amusement Park. 11:Am. Look for weird bicycles that make noise. :)
See you there or stop by. I plan to leave here about 9:45/10:00.
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
thanx drewd i got bored and was staring at my occ bike..that frame and my khs...put 2 and 2 together and started building lol....i just like to build things...gotta try and get at leasta few rips down the street on it tomorrow morning to make sure its not gonna fall apart and im ready...again

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Ok.. Thanks Tom. I will get after it early tomorrow so I can ride.. They are talking 70 degrees partly sunny.. It is sounding pretty good for SAT..
That will be good, I gotta go get that magneto from you tomorrow so my friend isn't left out. My bike is good to go, I just need a chain from Tom...

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
ok.. I am out of gas.. .It has been a long day.. I will finish throwing a motor on this New Roller I got from WalMart for 69 bucks. Bike looks pretty good except for the pedals and no front brake. I have a caliper and some other pedals laying around. Over all , the bike looks great and welds are fair looking. Bike is all Aluminum. The engine I am throwing together from scrap parts is not the best specimen, but all that I have. The block has 3 stripped cylinder holes that I will have to back with nuts, Crank has a bolt broken off in it, but I have a 360 crank I can swap in. Rope start hole also stripped. I will back it with a nut too. So.. I have all the parts and should have it together and running in the hour. It will be fun seeing how a rear mount will do on this Roller from WalMart. It has potential for sure. It is a stretched frame like the Electra, which I like. I love the extra room. So.. If I get after it, and work permitting, I will make the meet tomorrow.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
omg duane lol i could have ridden down and helped build somethin today lol......next time just ask..... mike bike is as ready as she is gonna get i do beleive...well at least with what i have...refined the steering about...got rid of all the bind...what a pia...thats what i get for stuffing a 1 1/8 steertube into a 1" headset lol...but it works see you guys tomorrowwhat part of the parking lot do you guys want to meet in...ill probably be their early

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Steam,
We meet in the Berkley Park rec center parking lot. Easy to find, just listen for a bunch of noisy bicycles :) South side of I-70 and Sheridan, just a block or so east of Lakeside Amusement park.
See ya'll there.
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
duane if you see this before you leave and if you have any masterlinks for a 415 for sale...can you bring one?...pm me with price if at all possible...all my money is in plastic