what is the best rear hub set up

GoldenMotor.com

cuberasnapper

Feb 22, 2011
Florida
i have a cruiser from wally world and finished my 1st build everything is great but i dont like the rear ragjoint i see the hd hubs but no one will lace it to my rim and i cant get ahold of anyone at pirate to know wich clamshell adapter to buy im guessing do i buy a new rim also or what please help im going crazy i just want it right so i can ride thanks.

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
Ditch the cheap wally world wheels. I.M.O. the only thing worse than chinese quality is the metalurgy. The metal is brittle, soft and weak which I didn't even think was possible at the same time. If you have to go with a coaster brake go shimano or some other quality piece and pirate has sprocket adaptors for the shimano cb110. Put some front brakes on there as a back up also.

cuberasnapper

Feb 22, 2011
Florida
thanks for the info i ended up buying the grubee hd wheel assembly complete from terry at blow by u i hope that this is the best way to go, and i can always transfer the motor and wheel to a better bike for my next build thanks for the help

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
Ditch the cheap wally world wheels. I.M.O. the only thing worse than chinese quality is the metalurgy. The metal is brittle, soft and weak which I didn't even think was possible at the same time. If you have to go with a coaster brake go shimano or some other quality piece and pirate has sprocket adaptors for the shimano cb110. Put some front brakes on there as a back up also.
You do know Shimano products are made in China, right?

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
No fishguts I did not know that.
Ok let me try again. Don't buy cheap parts that for what ever reason seem come from China an over whelmingly large percent of the time. Buy time tested name brand and model products that are built from high quality materials like the cb110.

I guess it's true, You do learn something new every day